Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

How to Change Mine and Companion's Reservation

kasey97
Adventurer C

OK....my 2 daughters and I have reservations to fly to Vegas, Friday to Sunday.

Daughter Debbie and I are booked on same PAID reservation/ confirmation #.

Daughter Susie is my Companion Pass companion, and booked on her separate confirmation #.

We want to CHANGE our Sunday flite to one later in the day.

Is this how/best way to do this:

On my paid reservation, for me and Debbie, I click Change Reservation, follow the prompts, and book the later desired flight.

THEN, how do I change Susie my Companion?  Do I go into HER reservation with HER Confirmation #?  If so, will it automatically load/prompt to ADD her to my new flight?

OR do I go BACK to my RR account, clicked Add companion, and go from there, etc etc??

8 REPLIES 8

Re: How to Change Mine and Companion's Reservation

dfwskier
Aviator A

If I am not mistaken, as soon as you change your paid flight, your companions's flight becomes invalid (since that person cannot be on a different flight than yours).

Thus I suspect the easiest way forward is to change your own flight and then pick add compa nion to that flight.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

You can't change your flight while there is a companion reservation accompanying it.  You will need to cancel the companion reservation, change your flight, re-add companion.

To cancel the companion reservation:

In your account go to upcoming trips.  On the flight you want to change click companion details then cancel that reservation.  It will show you the associated companion pass holder confirmation number as being unaffected by the change.

--TheMiddleSeat

kasey97
Adventurer C

so....remember i don't want to change the entire routing.  just the return flite.  so i can cancel JUST the return flite for my companion??  then CHANGE my return flite only; then add back her new return flite.  do i have it right?

kasey97
Adventurer C

or DO I have her completely cancel her reservation, roundtrip?  change my return flite.  and then add her to my NEW routing.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

I never book roundtrip flights so I can't give you a definitive answer.  There's no harm in completely canceling the companion's reservation, just add it back after you complete your changes.

--TheMiddleSeat

kasey97
Adventurer C

I got it done! I completely cancelled the companion reservation (which is un-nverving and nerve wracking!). Then made my return flite change.  And lastly added my companion back.

Thank you!!

kasey97
Adventurer C

AND $76 cheaper!

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

I'm glad you were able to make the changes AND save money.  There's no reason cancelling the companion should be stressful.  The possibility of the flight becoming completely sold out in that small window of time while you make the adjustment is incredibly small.  I actually don't even bother adding my companion to flights until it gets close to departure so I can easily re-price the flights.  The exception is if the price has jumped waaay up and there's no chance of a lower price and it might actually sell out.  I would also recommend booking one way flights instead of round trip as it makes making adjustments easier.

--TheMiddleSeat