Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

How to avoid the "timeout page"

sr103
Explorer A

I do very frequent SWA bookings, but... the web login seems to 'time-out' and I would much rather have a button / command to re-login than to be taken to this page 

Any solutions? ("My Account | Log-out" seem to result in the below screen - (of no value) No link to "Log-in" = the expense and time of reloading another page. Not fun on "dial up"; I live rural))

Timeout page with no links to "Log In"Timeout page with no links to "Log In"

3 REPLIES 3

Re: How to avoid the "timeout page"

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

Maybe try using the mobile site instead of the full website mobile.southwest.com which will reduce the bandwidth requirements in case the time-out is related to the dial up which will be difficult to address.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

ZevSupport
Frequent Flyer A

If you can, try the app's too. Never seen time out errors there!

Community Champion | PHL based | ex-Companion Pass Holder | Southwest Passenger

chgoflyer
Aviator A
Solution

Just a guess, but I think the OP may be referring to this dreaded "oops" error box.

oops.png

When you go to the Southwest site on the desktop, it first appears that you are logged in -- it displays your name and current point total, etc. However, if you try to do most anything on the site, you're greeted with the message above. You have to go back, and then log out & back in to be actually logged in.

It's a frustrating bug that's been around for years and years (there's at least one FlyerTalk thread about it). It even predates the most recent website redesign.

My solution is to simply log out and log back in every single time I use the desktop site (if it's been more than a few minutes since I last used it). Clumsy, but it keeps me from seeing that message. 😉