vineyardguy
Explorer C

I can't book a flight into little rock Arkansas

8 REPLIES 8

I can't fly into Little Rock, Why

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

@vineyardguy 

It might be some temporary glitch.  Sometimes it's just better to go through the 1-800 number which I provided the link to that number as well as their Twitter, email, and Facebook page.

https://www.southwest.com/html/contact-us/index.html

It could also be because of the weather right now?  call and find out, it should be quicker than asking on this forum.  

Re: I can't fly into Little Rock, Why

dfwskier
Aviator A

@vineyardguy wrote:

I can't book a flight into little rock Arkansas

It could be that there are no valid connections from where you are.

That's why lots of people east of the Mississippi cannot book a return trip from Hawaii.

dfwskier
Aviator A

Where are you coming from?

gsking
Aviator C

As far as I can tell,  online will only book flights with one connection.  If it takes two, you have to call in. 

I might be wrong,  but the only times I've gotten two connection flights are when my original itinerary was changed f due to flight cancelations. 

So there are always more ways to skin a cat that shown online. 

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Definitely need more information to be able to provide an accurate answer.  Origination airport?  Date?

--TheMiddleSeat

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@gsking wrote:

As far as I can tell,  online will only book flights with one connection.  If it takes two, you have to call in. 

I might be wrong,  but the only times I've gotten two connection flights are when my original itinerary was changed f due to flight cancelations. 

So there are always more ways to skin a cat that shown online. 

Look at a multi-city route as separate one-ways to get your route down, then either book it that way online or call to have it booked as a trip but you’ll know the suggested connections before the call. 

I don’t know Little Rock myself but for instance maybe the flow of flights comes through Houston or Nashville, then have your one plane change options to get that far in mind.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

sdm1921
Explorer C

Same.  I am traveling to LIT next week and noticed that flights were coming up as "unavailable" or "temporarily paused."  I figured that it was just a COVID-related thing.... perhaps they had to "pause" some routes.  I mentioned something to a co-worker and she confirmed that someone had just flown from TPA to LIT earlier last week.  I was able to do a multi-segment flight to get home from there, but it's 3 flights.  LIT-ATL-BWI-ALB.   It would not come up without me booking it as multi-segment.  

dfwskier
Aviator A

@sdm1921 wrote:

Same.  I am traveling to LIT next week and noticed that flights were coming up as "unavailable" or "temporarily paused."  I figured that it was just a COVID-related thing.... perhaps they had to "pause" some routes.  I mentioned something to a co-worker and she confirmed that someone had just flown from TPA to LIT earlier last week.  I was able to do a multi-segment flight to get home from there, but it's 3 flights.  LIT-ATL-BWI-ALB.   It would not come up without me booking it as multi-segment.  

That is correct.  Southwest will not let you book a flight with more than one plane change.

Two ways around that:

1) do what you did

2) Talk with someone in reservations at the airline..