Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

I change my reservation on April 29 and it was never updated in the system

Messam
Explorer C

I change my reservation through the app. My flight was supposed to leave from Las Vegas to Baltimore and I changed it to Sunday 8:35 and when I call to check to see why I have a receive a updated reservation they informed me that it was never changed and now I am stuck in Las Vegas and I have no way to return home. Also, I checked in for my flight so I wasn’t able to change it on the regular screen. I was able to go through the travel advisory and he allowed me to change the flight. And the message said I would not receive an update right away and I just went on with my day and once I called today to check to see why I haven’t receive my update. They told me I was a no-show and I know I change the flight and now I am stuck in Las Vegas. I know somebody experienced this this is for I need some help please.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: I change my reservation on April 29 and it was never updated in the system

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Without having been there, watching over your shoulder there's no way to tell if this was a system error or perhaps you didn't actually complete the change process. It's very unfortunate, but you'll have to go with what you're being told. Hopefully you are able to purchase another flight and get home. When you do get home you could write to Southwest and explain what you believe happened, they may be able to look into it afterwards. Use the contact us link at the bottom of this page and send a message. 

--TheMiddleSeat

Re: I change my reservation on April 29 and it was never updated in the system

bec102896
Aviator A

So there are several buttons you would hand had to click 

1. There would be a pop up telling you that you would need to check in for your flight again (since you say you changed it yesterday and your flight was yesterday so you should have been checked in) 

2. You select the flight and it takes you to a screen that shows that the difference in fare would be $0 

3. you would click continue where it would show you your info (day of travel info your name and receipt email) where you must click book or make changes (I forget what It says exactly) 

4. once you do number 4 it should say your trip is booked and show you the new itinerary instantly and it would update when you type in your confirmation number on the app/website immediately. The email confirmation should come right away. 

I have never seen a message that says I will not receive an update right away and I have had many flight irregularities (IROPS) the updated email usually arrives instantly but sometimes it could take up to 10min to hit my inbox.