Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

I received an email saying that my reservation has been cancelled, but I did not ask for cancelation

FitoFito
Explorer C

Hi Southwest community!

This is what the email says:

This reservation has been canceled

You have canceled your reservation.

Depending on the fare type and the form of payment you used to purchase your ticket, you'll either receive reusable travel funds or a refund. We appreciate you, and we look forward to welcoming you back onboard soon.

I did not ask for my reservation to be canceled. Also, when I check online with my confirmation number it looks like my flight is still confirmed and hasn't been canceled. 

I do not understand why I received this message and how to proceed from here. I would appreciate any help.

6 REPLIES 6

Re: I received an email saying that my reservation has been cancelled, but I did not ask for cancela

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Seeing the reservation is still in your account is a good thing. You should probably reach out to Southwest directly to confirm nothing has changed. They can also rebook you if needed. 

--TheMiddleSeat

Re: I received an email saying that my reservation has been cancelled, but I did not ask for cancela

CupCrusher40
Frequent Flyer B
Solution

When a flight change by company is made it says cancelled (really changed).

You keep your days. You are not charged. Flight may be earlier. It may be later. 

parpitt1
Frequent Flyer A
Solution

Sometimes they change Flight Numbers too. Could be that maybe? 

KLaMonica
Adventurer A

TYSM for pointing out that sometimes it can be something as simple as a change of flight number that equals a cancelled flight. Everything remains the same, except the flight number. 

CupCrusher40
Frequent Flyer B

Can the OP and I change cities by calling for free? Thank you 

FitoFito
Explorer C

The problem has been solved. It was a mistake from the airline. Thank you everyone for your answers!