Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: True SW fans demand change, compensation, return of 7 billion $ SW stole from covid funds

PettyIntrigues
Adventurer A

Before all the reimbursements start, can I offer you a breath?

Re: True SW fans demand change, compensation, return of 7 billion $ SW stole from covid funds

floridaguy
Aviator C

I believe the new CEO will be replaced after this disaster.

SWAnotherWokeCo
Adventurer C

So based on the above example, can I sue the government for my loss of $12,000 due to Bidenflation? Also, I would like to request $100,000+ lost in my 401K and stock investments due to Biden's destructive economic policies.

Nah, Biden gets a free pass and no accountability.

Re: I remain a Fan of Southwest

fawootton
Explorer C

Ditto.  I started flying SWA exclusively in 1973, and I will continue to do so in the future.  (like January and February).  It may not be the airline Herb created, but for my money, it is still the best in the air.  Side note:  My MAX8 flight to Kauai this month was the best ever!  What a great crew!!!

LubahnD
Explorer C

I also am a fan of Southwest but this is NOT the first time they have cancelled lots of flights for my family when NO OTHER airlines were doing so.  Not the weather related although they claimed it was.  Clearly it was a lie if other airlines were NOT cancelling flights the day before!!

This is a Southwest problem or problems.  This is a fixable Southwest problem!!

They need to find someone to fix it.  A new CEO trained in house in Southwest family thinking. A leader and not a manager.  Someone with skin in the game not your typical CEO.

The pilot union has warned they may/will strike after May 1.

I appreciate the warning BEFORE booking summer Southwest flights! The pilots are doing their job. The pilots CARE about Southwest and us!

Flight attendants have told me computer booking/routing horror stores as well. 

And they all have notified management about the problem.

This is a long term problem. Nationwide!

There is a world wide pilot shortage.  Southwest pilots will not have trouble finding additional jobs.

floridaguy
Aviator C

There are people who are fans of American Motors Corporation, too.

There are people who are fans of Commodore 64 computers, too.

The issue is where this all lands.

bec102896
Aviator A

@LubahnD wrote:

They need to find someone to fix it.  A new CEO trained in house in Southwest family thinking. 

This is a long term problem. Nationwide!

So as you said this is a LONG TERM problem a new CEO tomorrow or next week won’t change a thing. Problems like this don’t just fix themselves overnight. You could go and buy a technology update sure but you have to make sure it works before rollout or you could have a bigger issue. Also things actually have to be voted on it’s not a one man show and you don’t just buy the first thing you see in the technology world. Go look up other airline technology failures or other company technology update failures there have been several (bad files, bad updates, weather knocking a system offline) 

here’s what I do know in other airline meltdowns none of them covered all reasonable expenses or gave out 25K miles to all affected automatically (they might have given out compensation only if someone contacted the airline and you may get different than the person next to you who had the same experience)