Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

I was guaranteed an extension on my voucher and now no response from SW.

BlackCatPirate
Explorer C

Hello,
I had two LUV vouchers from a forfeited seat that were set to expire after 1 yr: Dec. 2nd '20. I called in prior to Dec. 2nd '20 and was told there was a six month extension due to COVID and that I should ask for the extension six months later, before the end of June '21. I then waited six months and called in June 1st '21 and asked for the extension.
I was told on June 1st '21 I'd get a confirmation within 30 days but it has been 55 days as of today. I've called in twice to check again on this, once on Jul. 11th and again today, Jul 21st. The operators were not able to give me any confirmation, said the case was "closed" on Jul 11th, and suggested I email and try calling again tomorrow.  They said it was "backlogged".  I emailed.

When I called in in Dec. the operator was adamant that I should wait six months and ask for the extension then.  Because I really needed the vouchers I was skeptical.  I asked him several times if he was sure I could call in in Jun 2021 and he said several times he was sure and guaranteed me.  Now I'm not so sure...

The first case number from Jun. 1st is 24190051.
The case numbers the operator gave me today Jul 21st are 16357824 and 16357825.

How I can use my vouchers? I have detailed notes on these going back to when they were issued and I've been very careful to not let them expire.  Will get some kind of confirmation? What happened?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: I was guaranteed an extension on my voucher and now no response from SW.

bec102896
Aviator A

First off because this is a public forum you should edit your post to remove your case numbers for your protection. 

With the LUV voucher being issued the team at customer relations is probably understaffed thanks to covid and this would cause a backlog. 

Your best bet it to Contact Customer Relations since that is the team who can assist you. 

-Blake

BlackCatPirate
Explorer C

I don't see any ability to revise the post.

The first post was from 7/21/21.  This post is from today, 8/17/21.

On 8/11/21 I received an update with the following in an email:

"We have resent your vouchers, if for any reason you do not receive it within 10 business days, you may want to check your junk/spam email folder"

Ten business days would be 8/25/21.  Based on my experience in this issue thus far, this seems like an obvious deflection and placation.  Also, the tone of the email doesn't match it's content:  If they don't do what they say, which they haven't up to this point, they then give me permission to check my spam folder, essentially placing blame on me and promising absolutely nothing.  What a strange bureaucratic customer service email.  It would be hilarious if it weren't so bad.  After the 25th I guess I'll file a BBB complaint or any other line of recourse. 

Thanks for the replies!

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

If you're suggesting Southwest is lying just to mess with you I don't think anything will ever satisfy you.  What else would you like Southwest to do?  Fax it to you?  There's a lot of variables between Southwest and you that neither of you can control.  Just because something goes wrong in that space does not automatically mean Southwest is screwing you.

--TheMiddleSeat

keasbey
Adventurer C

Would assume your out of luck, but hey call customer service and get told lies if you want. Southwest has terrible policies and even worse consistency throughout their company. Everyone has a different answer and they're all wrong.