Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

If I reschedule my flight & there'sonly 2 available & I need 3 does the 3rd stay as credit on acct?

Jillian23
Explorer C

My flight got cancelled like the other 2700 flights this week.... I've found an option but there's only 2 available.... if I book that will the 3rd stay on my account as a credit? 

And then can I go back and find a single seat for that 3rd person?

9 REPLIES 9

Re: If I reschedule my flight & there'sonly 2 available & I need 3 does the 3rd stay as cred

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@Jillian23 wrote:

My flight got cancelled like the other 2700 flights this week.... I've found an option but there's only 2 available.... if I book that will the 3rd stay on my account as a credit? 

And then can I go back and find a single seat for that 3rd person?

It depends how you booked it, if all three people are booked together I'm not sure the online accommodation page will let you change the number of travelers. 

But in theory yes it could be broken apart to book two people now and keep looking for the third person.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

Re: If I reschedule my flight & there'sonly 2 available & I need 3 does the 3rd stay as cred

Jillian23
Explorer C

Thanks @DancingDavidE i know the seats will prolly be taken by the time i get an answer.... I just didn't know if it was a good idea to book the 2 seats and not know if the 3rd would be credited or lost =-/

dfwskier
Aviator A

Sorry, I have no idea, and in the time it took you to write your post and me to respond, there is a pretty good chance that someone else scooped up the two seats. There are lots of people that are doing what you are doing

Try one of the international toll free numbers to get  an answer. Unlike the US 800 numbers, I understand the wait times are not too bad.

https://mobile.southwest.com/html/contact-us/intl-customer-service.html

Good luck

Jillian23
Explorer C

thanks - i know the seats will prolly be taken by the time i get an answer.... I just didn't know if it was a good idea to book the 2 seats and not know if the 3rd would be credited or lost =-/

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@Jillian23 wrote:

thanks - i know the seats will prolly be taken by the time i get an answer.... I just didn't know if it was a good idea to book the 2 seats and not know if the 3rd would be credited or lost =-/

If it lets you do it, then there would be a credit hanging out there for the third person until they were resolved. 

I say go ahead and take it next time it pops up, you won’t lose the third person’s value, but might need to call to get them rebooked separately - if it lets you claim the two seats at all which it may not.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

bec102896
Aviator A

unfortunately the only way to split the reservation is by calling 

the alternative is book the 2 seats on points or cash if you have it to hold the seats so when you call or visit the ticket counter hopefully they can fix it to where you don’t pay extra

i had to use this method to make it to my destination or I would have been stuck without a flight for a week 

Jillian23
Explorer C

@ bec102896 -- thanks for the clarification.  We are calling in again today, as we did last night & waited a few hours before giving up so to get some sleep.. still currently on hold in US and Cayman island line.... as our reservation is for all 3 on the same one.... AND unfortunately we don't have points or cash to try the method you mentioned .... so alas kicking it on hold on the phone for as long as we can 😃

bec102896
Aviator A

Board games while you wait? 

Jillian23
Explorer C

YEP!! we have a 5yr old daughter so we're exploring ALL the wonderful gifts she got for the holidays, one after the other, and it's keeping us busy while inside 🙂