Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

If Southwest canceled my flight, may I call back another day to request a refund?

sandyeggo89
Explorer C

Our flight was canceled since there wasn’t enough crew for our flight to Kansas City. The lines are long, the call wait times are as well, and same for social media. Can I rebook on my own and call back another day to request a refund for the canceled flight?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: If Southwest canceled my flight, may I call back another day to request a refund?

dfwskier
Aviator A

Normally, the airline will automatically book you on the next flight with seat availability. The first thing to do is see if that happened. You can then cancel that flight and ask for a refund.

If you rebook yourself, and cancel, then you will get a travel fund.

Re: If Southwest canceled my flight, may I call back another day to request a refund?

sandyeggo89
Explorer C

I see. The app says “We rebooked you on another flight,” so it sounds like I’ll have to talk to an agent to get more information about that. Thanks.

dfwskier
Aviator A

You can find out yourself without talking to anyone. If you are enrolled in Rapid Rewards,log in  and check your flight.

If you are not enrolled in Rapid Reward, go to Southwest.com

click on flight

then click on manage reservations

either method  will show you the flight you are currently booked on.

You should be able to do the same using the Southwest cell app.

bec102896
Aviator A

You might try reaching out on Twitter in a DM say you would like a refund and hopefully they can help