Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Inconsistency on dates when international flights resume

amy818
Explorer C

We have a Southwest vacation trip booked for Montego Bay, Jamaica in early June. The Southwest Vacations site shows that flights to Jamaica will resume after June 6th, but the Southwest Airlines site shows that flights to Jamaica won't resume until after July 1. Since our flight falls in between these two times, we're not sure what to do.

So far our trip shows as confirmed, and Southwest has not contacted us about a flight cancellation. Has anyone else had this happen? If so, how did you resolve it? Since Southwest is cancelling the flight, we want to receive a refund for costs rather than a flight credit. But with one site showing the flight as still occurring, we can't get a refund.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Inconsistency on dates when international flights resume

bec102896
Aviator A

You could try and reach out to Southwest Vacations to see if they are able to assist. 

I would go with the information on southwest.com since that is updated by Southwest directly. 

-Blake

dfwskier
Aviator A

@bec102896 wrote:

You could try and reach out to Southwest Vacations to see if they are able to assist. 

I would go with the information on southwest.com since that is updated by Southwest directly. 

-Blake

I guess he first thing I'd do is check the SW website to verify hat the route is not being flown on your date.

Then I'd do as blake suggested. I'd be tempted to be a bit confrontational with the people at SW Vacations. I'd ask if the tri is on. If they say yes, I'd ask "how could that be as Southwest airlines is not flying the route."

If you don't get a reasonable explanation, tell the rep that you want to talk with a supervisor, and start the process again.

amy818
Explorer C

Thanks for the tips. We just got an email from Southwest Vacations sharing that our trip to Montego Bay has been cancelled, and that we can enter a comment in the cancellation for a refund. However, when we go to the reservation it still shows as confirmed and on schedule. So, I guess in a few days the system will fully update and we can request the refund. It seems that when the Southwest Airlines site updates flight cancellations, it takes at least a week for those to transfer over to the Southwest Vacations site. In any case, we're happy to see it being taken care of online so that we don't need to wait on hold with customer service.