Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Infant Fare

Keiralw
Explorer C

Infant fares are not able to be booked through southwest.com but i have tried twice (on hold for an hour each time and then hung up on) to get ahold of someone through the 1-800 number. Any tips on another way to get ahold of someone to be able to book an infant fare?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Infant Fare

ksbrg
Employee
Employee

Social Media is often quicker and easier!

If you're on Facebook or Twitter, try there by sending a Private Message to the Southwest account.

chgoflyer
Aviator A
Solution

I didn't think social media reps were able to take credit card info or make initial reservations?

In any case, just so the OP is aware: Infant Fares are a discount off the Anytime fare, and are fully refundable -- but are more expensive than the Wanna Get Away fares available online.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@chgoflyer wrote:

In any case, just so the OP is aware: Infant Fares are a discount off the Anytime fare, and are fully refundable -- but are more expensive than the Wanna Get Away fares available online.

This 100%

Don't buy an infant fare unless you must have refundability.  Many people would assume a special fare such as infant or senior is automatically the cheapest, but the Wanna Get Away fare will be cheaper if available.

Wanna Get Away also saves the headache of waiting on hold to book.

--TheMiddleSeat

bec102896
Aviator A

I actually just had a conversation about this with a rep last week I think they should at least allow you to see the infant fare online just like the old days when senior fares were a thing that way people can determine if it’s worth it to to them to buy after seeing the price then they could call and buy the infant fare instead of having to call just to find out the price.