Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Involuntary flight changes

Goldilinchen
Explorer C

Hi there,

on 02/12/22 I booked three flights scheduled for May. Within a week I received two notices on flight changes. (New departure time New arrival time New plane change New flight number)

I tried to contact Southwest Airlines but haven't heard back within 10 days. My question is: How can I find out about available alternatives? On the website the original flights are still on offer. This is really confusing...

Affected itineraries: 

Honolulu - Lihue 5/4/22 12:20pm

Lihue - Hilo 5/9/22 2:10pm

Should I just try to reschedule my itineraries to the original flight times? I appreciate any advice. Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Involuntary flight changes

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Have you called and asked? 

--TheMiddleSeat

Goldilinchen
Explorer C

I tried, but the waiting time said more than 60 minutes and I live in Germany. That's why I sent a message instead to their customer service. 

I actually want to fly with SW and the subsitutes will have to do. It's just confusing. Maybe I should reschedule and see what happens next 

dfwskier
Aviator A

Well, you could log on to your SW account. Then select your flight. Then select change. Then you should be able to change to any  flight with available sets -- within 14 days before or after - between the same departure/arrival cities on the original ticket.

SInce SW changed things you could also tell SW that you want a refund - to your original form of payment.ir 

Goldilinchen
Explorer C

Thank you for your suggestions

chgoflyer
Aviator A

You should have received a change notification email that explained everything. Since Southwest changed your flights, you're able to make a one-time change to any other flight to the same destinations +/-14 days at no additional cost. You can do all this online. There should have been a specific link in that email, but you can also just log into your account on the Southwest website. If you have no account, use the change flight function.

CupCrusher40
Frequent Flyer B

cancel rebooking same as minus money mode, just extra 30 seconds