Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Is there in option to book a hotel and flight without a car on southwest vacations?

Mflores776
Explorer C

I've been searching all over to get the best deal for my sisters Wedding in June 2023. So far I saw an option for a Vacation bundle for a flight and hotel with SW. Every time I pick what I want for the bundle the car option always comes up and that is not something we need. We are going to Vegas and more than likely will not need a car. Is my only option booking the flight and hotel separately? and yes I tired Priceline.com but you can not fly southwest with third parties. 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Is there in option to book a hotel and flight without a car on southwest vacations?

jksobonya
Aviator A

Renting a car is optional, and you should be able to bypass it. Once you select your hotel and flights, the next page is to select a car, but you can just click "Continue" without making a choice. You do have to select whether or not you want travel insurance before you click "Continue." 

--Jessica

Re: Is there in option to book a hotel and flight without a car on southwest vacations?

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Save yourself the hassle and book the flight and hotel separately.  I have seen far too many people get burned by Southwest Vacations and would NEVER recommend them to anyone.  Southwest Vacations is not Southwest Airlines and their customer service is horrible.  Book your flight with Southwest Airlines and find a hotel you like and book direct with them.

--TheMiddleSeat