Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

January 2021 Hawaii routes

sovink
Explorer C

I previously had round-trip airfare from Spokane, WA (GEG) to Lihue, HI (LIH) booked in June 2020. This trip was canceled by Southwest due to the virus. I was able to rebook my lodging for late December through 1/2/21. I see flights from GEG to LIH throughout the month of December, but no returning flights on this route. What's up with that? Are LIH-GEG flights yet to be announced? Or is SW only flying TO Lihue from GEG and not returning? 

BTW I had saved up Chase points and converted them to SW points for this purchase. The trip was refunded as SW points, of course, so I am kind of stuck with all my eggs in the SW basket 😕 All of the cheapest outbound flights have already been scooped up for my December leg while I am stuck waiting to see if SW will release return flights.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: January 2021 Hawaii routes

bec102896
Aviator A

Usually when you can get there but can’t get back it’s due to the connection time because your flight to GEG would depart before your flight from LIH arrives. You may have to stay overnight in California to get to GEG the next day. 

-Blake 

dfwskier
Aviator A
Solution

You  can return to GEG, but you have to be a bit creative:  LIH/HNL/GEG.   My Example follows:

https://www.southwest.com/air/booking/select.html?adultPassengersCount=1&departureDate=2020-12-12&de...

It has to be booked with two distinct segments: LIH/HNL then HNL/GEG . You can't buy it as a connection because it involves two plane changes and the airline does not sell tickets that involve two+ plane changes..  

sovink
Explorer C

Very helpful, thank you!!