Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Just wondering about getting receipts for flight taken years ago.

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

I need to go back and get receipts, or the confirmation SWA sends you with the entire itinerary along with the cost of each flight on it.  I looked into my past flight list and I've either taken so many trips that it was bought before the end of my list, or it didn't go back to Nov 2018.   In lookup a flight I tried putting in the name and confirmation number only to get an error message.  Does anyone know how I might go about getting these, or have any suggestions?  I appreciate your assistance in advance.  

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Just wondering about getting receipts for flight taken years ago.

dfwskier
Aviator A

You can only go back current year plus one to get flight information and receipts.

So at this moment, you can get receipts back to 1/1/2019.

When you hit 1/1/21, then the limit will be 1/1/20.

My only suggestion would be to look thru your e-mail files in hopes of finding the Southwest flight confirmations that it would have sent you.

SWFlyer007
Aviator C
Solution

What I did was contact, Customer Service, via email with the name and confirmation number and got it early this morning.  WOW, that was fast and I'm satisfied.  So the answer would be to send SWA an email with the confirmation number and the name of the passenger and request it.  So do I get credit for providing my own solution? 😃  I hope this helps somebody else.

dfwskier
Aviator A

@SWFlyer007 wrote:

What I did was contact, Customer Service, via email with the name and confirmation number and got it early this morning.  WOW, that was fast and I'm satisfied.  So the answer would be to send SWA an email with the confirmation number and the name of the passenger and request it.  So do I get credit for providing my own solution? 😃  

You sure do!