Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: LUV VOUCHER EXIRATION AND EXTENSION

bd1996
Explorer C

I called on Saturday again but instead of an update was told to call (855) 234-4654 during the week and select Option 5. There is no Option 5, but Option 4 is the extension for dealing with issues related to Luv vouchers. I chose this. The rep looked at my record for a few minutes then said  “this is strange” and transferred me to another CR line. I was waiting for my call to be answered but had to hang up after an hour. I called back just now and did Option 4 again. After 30+ minutes and communication with her supervisor, the rep told me to call the 855 number and select Option 5. I explained to her there is no Option 5 and Option 4 is how I got to her. After a few minutes on hold she came back and told me she tried three times and was able to her through with pressing 5. She instructed me to wait until Option 4 is announced then dial 5. I have tried a dozen times and the VRS keeps telling me I have selected an incorrect option. 

Does anyone know what is going on?

ksoyini
Explorer A

So I had almost an identical experience. I called and was told something similar. I don’t remember exactly what happened. I did try calling but I don’t remember if I got through or if I called back the original luv voucher customer service number, actually I think that is what I did and the person I spoke with told me to go through the contact us Option from the website. They gave me my original case number to reference in the message that I sent them. So I used that form on their site and explained everything. In 2 days I got a message saying due to the nature of my request it would be escalated to Customer Relations/Rapid Rewards Department for handling and may take up to 30 days before I heard back from someone. Well since I had waited 30 days after first calling and nothing was done, this time I called after a week, and was on hold for over 2 hours before I spoke with someone and I specifically asked about the message I sent and referenced the case number in the email response I got. I don’t remember which number I called at this point. The lady I spoke with said that she would issue my luv vouchers but it would take a while before they would be delivered to my email. Before I hung up the phone with her she sent me a confirmation email with claim numbers for the my vouchers. Last night (which was about 2 weeks later) I received one of the luv vouchers in my email. Hoping the others will show up soon.

So I would suggest going through the contact us link in their site, maybe call before to get your case number to reference in the communication you send through the site. 
Side note:

So I thought I had gotten through when I called the 855 number and pressed option 5. But I tried again after reading this message and there is no option 5..... I wish I remembered better the details of what I did. 

rachele456
Explorer C

I also encountered a similar experience with an expired LUV voucher.....issued to me since I agreed to come back to the airport to pick up my temporarily lost bag.  So this was not issued to me merely as a courtesy.  It was to compensate me for my inconvenience, time away from work and wear and tear on my vehicle.  All expenses that Southwest did not incur.  To add insult to injury, all of us that travelled last year can relate to the long wait times to contact a Southwest customer service representative by telephone.  So when I could not enter my LUV voucher online....even when it had not expired, I received an error message and was asked to call Southwest, I chose to forego using it as I did not have the luxury to wait to speak to anyone.  And when I recently contacted Southwest to inquire about a possible extension, it was promptly denied.  Thank you Southwest for living behind all of your marketing promotions that imply you are focused on customer satisfaction.  It was $100.  And truly has left this loyal Southwest customer extremely displeased with your quickly dismissive attitude.  Next time, I won't be so accommodating either.

ksoyini
Explorer A

I tried replying last night but it did it go through so hopefully I remember all the detail I wrote then. 

Here goes....

i feel like my situation was really similar to yours. I called after my luv voucher expired and asked for an extension. The person I spoke with said it would be Re-issued in 30 days and I would get an email. I waited more than 30 days and then called when I didn’t have an email by then. When I called the person didn’t know why it hadn’t been issued so gave me that same 855 number with option 5 to dial. This is where things start to get fuzzy for me. I don’t  think  I actually got through to somebody there so I just called back the southwest customer service number again and said I didn’t get through to anyone when I called the number they gave me and she said to use the contact us feature on the website. She have me the case number and told me to referenced it and explain everything, including the luv voucher numbers and my contact info. So I did just that. I got an email about 2 days later Saying that my request had been sent on to customer relations and it may take up to 30 days to get a response. Well based on my previous experience I called back a week later auto follow up on the message I had sent through the contact us form on the site and have them the new case number. Oh by the way when I called back I was waiting for over two hours before I got to speak with someone. The person I spoke to said that my vouchers were being re-issued and that I would get an email with them within 30 days. She sent me a confirmation email with claim numbers for the vouchers. Last night (2 weeks from when I spoke to the rep who re-issued them) I got my first re-issued luv voucher. I am hoping I will get the others with out any issue, in the next 2 weeks. Typically Southwest is great which is why I fly them, But this has been quite an ordeal. Hopefully the rest come through without me having to call them again.

Based on my experience I would suggest sending them a message through the contact us feature on the website. Maybe call before doing that so that you have your case number to reference in the message you send. 

good luck.