Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

LUV vouchers

JEFFBERMAN
Explorer C

I was issued a voucher in Feb 2020 after being bumped off a cancelled flight. I was told at the airport last month that the voucher would not expire due to COVID issues that have occurred and to contact customer service to be issued a new voucher. As per Tayla Sparks at Customer service, they will not honor the voucher under any circumstances.

Anyone else have this issue?

Hard to believe that they could be so callous considering the issues they have with cancellations.

6 REPLIES 6

Re: LUV vouchers

floridaguy
Aviator C

I have never lost out on a LUV voucher.  The voucher does expire after a year, but if you write a well-written letter to Southwest at their corporate office, detailing the circumstances of the original voucher, you are likely to get a new one.

Another thing that you can do is book a flight, use the LUV voucher, then cancel and it all comes back as a travel credit which does not expire.

JEFFBERMAN
Explorer C

I sent a message thru the customer service department  (not overly nice, but respectful) requesting the voucher be extended. First reply was no, I asked that it be escalated. Let's see what happens.

I may try the purchase/cancel if I do not get an acceptable reply.

dfwskier
Aviator A

@JEFFBERMAN wrote:

I may try the purchase/cancel if I do not get an acceptable reply.

Purchase and cancel won't work with an expired voucher because you can't purchase anything with an expired voucher.

You really waited 3 years?? Really??

floridaguy
Aviator C

I am sure that the individual had reason that three years went by.

The suggestion was that use use the LUV voucher before it expired to turn it into a flight credit which does not expire.

JEFFBERMAN
Explorer C

I was given bad info from a Southwest rep right before it expired that there was a change in policy and it would not expire due to Covid. I had no reason to believe otherwise. That was my error in believing what I was told. All I can do is try.

ZevSupport
Frequent Flyer A
Solution

Unfortunately, it's not likely to be honored, but you can try reaching out via Twitter too, maybe they can help via DM. 

Community Champion | PHL based | ex-Companion Pass Holder | Southwest Passenger