Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Looks like I'm never flying SWA again

bennydivine
Explorer C

Flown SWA for 15 years now but this has finally made me swear them off for life. I recently had a trip from New Orleans to Los Angeles and back booked, both direct flights. A few days ago they changed my return flight to one with a layover in Dallas. Didn't think much about. Today during the flight before we got to Dallas there was a bad storm so we had to divert to San Antonio. On the way to San Antonio I received a text saying our flight from Dallas to New Orleans had been cancelled so they gave us the option to get off at San Antonio and rebook with zero compensation due to "weather" even though my original flight I booked was direct and wouldn't have been affected by the weather. That's not the worst part. We rebooked our flights here in San Antonio at the southwest desk for tomorrow to get home to new orleans a day late. When we got to our hotel room we received an email saying our newly rebooked flight was cancelled because of a "no show policy" How is that even possible? They rebooked us because of weather and then say I didn't show up to a flight that hasn't even happened yet?? It's obviously some sort of automatic computer thing that happened but I guarantee I'm going to show up to the airport tomorrow and they're going to say "sorry, can't do anything" even though it's their mistake. What do I even do? This is the most nightmare travel experience I've ever had.

39 REPLIES 39

Re: Looks like I'm never flying SWA again

bennydivine
Explorer C

Well even more confusion has ensued but at least things have kinda been sorted out. I finally got someone on the phone and they said everything was fine on my end and that the email I got saying my rebooked flight that was cancelled was a glitch. However, I had earlier sent a message to SWA on Facebook messenger. After I got off the phone, a representative named Brenna said that she wasn't sure what the person on the phone saw but that our flight was indeed "forfeited" as she put it but then she rebooked it for me under a new itinerary. Same flight time that I was rebooked for before. Not sure what the deal is.....but I hope I show tomorrow and am able to fly home 😫

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

So the story goes from "I'm never flying them again" to "oh, it's all fixed"?

Amazing what happens when we have a little patience and ask for assistance.

--TheMiddleSeat

gsking
Aviator C

@TheMiddleSeat wrote:

So the story goes from "I'm never flying them again" to "oh, it's all fixed"?

Amazing what happens when we have a little patience and ask for assistance.

--TheMiddleSeat

And reminds us to take a breather and relax before wasting time and effort to go online to rant, until the dust has settled.   Usually,  we'll regret it.

Although,  I do have to blame someone for taking or moving something for me to be able to find it.   It normally shows up immediately.   (But I don't do it online)

dfwskier
Aviator A

Agree.

While I was still working, some of the best e-mails I wrote were the ones i never sent.

Felt very good writing them -- would have been very bad if I had sent them.

bwallet
Frequent Flyer A

I had a flight at 10pm on American from Dallas to OKC cancelled due to weather (no hotel, etc). Turns out that the weather was a flight at 6am that morning out of DC. They were claiming weather from a knock on effect more than 12 hours before.

If you start saying you won't fly on an airline because you got screwed over, you will soon find that you are walking or driving. All airlines treat passengers badly. Southwest is about the least terrible of no good choices.

Al_Smithee
Explorer C

So the story goes, you are not transparent that you are employed by SWA. 

Amazing what happens when a former great airline is gutted to appease shareholders. You’re an unhelpful, condescending, deceptive shill.

I’m not going to say “never again.” But your phony presence just reinforces my belief that executive decisions have run SWA into a deceitful, anti-consumer shell of what it once was. 

Nice work Middle Seat, whoever the hell you are. You’re killing the brand. SWA doesn’t have rampers, but they have you. You add no value to anything

floridaguy
Aviator C

It is a real shame that "some" of the posters on this board tell you to simply get over it and move on.  They have no appreciation for what it is like, especially this time of year, to have your travel plans completely shattered.

I would imagine that Southwest will pay for this terrible mishandling of passengers and luggage for years to come.  I'm anticipating a drop in demand and also shareholder return due to this mess.

For "some" to come to this board and attempt to justify the mess is unacceptable.  On behalf of myself, I am truly sorry that you experienced all of this.  I stayed home this Holiday season and it appears that it was the right thing to do.

Southwest, you need to get your systems in order INCLUDING baggage tracking and realtime information.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@Al_Smithee I do not work for Southwest, never have. You sound lovely, have a nice day.

--TheMiddleSeat

3-10
Adventurer C

You sound like a member of a cult.