Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Looks like I'm never flying SWA again

3-10
Adventurer C

You know what is also unproductive? SWA employees, I was repeatedly told in DÍA they can’t help me. The phone number is unproductive, chat is unproductive and email is unproductive. 

We are modeling your example. 

floridaguy
Aviator C

Yeah, I agree with their CEO.  They need to focus on modernization.  Maybe realtime baggage tracking and new policies that prohibit moving the passenger without their luggage.

This is how you increase accountability!  

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@floridaguy wrote:

Yeah, I agree with their CEO.  They need to focus on modernization.  Maybe realtime baggage tracking and new policies that prohibit moving the passenger without their luggage.

This is how you increase accountability!  

Super helpful suggestions in the middle of a crisis 

--TheMiddleSeat

jfedgar
Explorer C

Super helpful suggestions in the middle of a crisis 

--TheMiddleSeat

You are a bad human being. Please try to be better.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@jfedgar If the CEO of Southwest came out today and said he is going to focus on on a 6 month plan to modernize how baggage is handled would you be happy and think that's exactly what Southwest should be doing right now? Probably not.

Thank you for your lovely insult, it was super helpful. 

--TheMiddleSeat

floridaguy
Aviator C

Middle Seat,

I will respectfully ask that you refrain from scolding people who come to this forum with genuine concern.  There needs to be change at Southwest and I believe that these complaints being aired in a public forum will catalyze some significant changes for Southwest.

In the end, these posts are akin to protests which represent free speech (within the limits of the forum rules).  Such free speech and criticism is at the core of our society.

The situation the past week has been handled dismally by Southwest.  To scold people who come here for support and empathy is not the best solution. 

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@floridaguy so you can say what you want, but I can't? You can continue to suggest long term ideas that have no use for people right now and I can continue to say how unhelpful it is.

--TheMiddleSeat

floridaguy
Aviator C

Let me try and explain another way.  What's done is done.  Everyone will get where they are going in time.

I live according to principles of 7 Habits for Highly Effective People.  Habit #1 is to be proactive.  I also like to "begin with the end in mind".  Thus, my recommendations to overhaul the system. so that this type of even is better addressed in the future.

I have always been a forward thinking person and looking for ways to improve the process.  If we didn't have proactive thinking, we'd all still have a coal stove in our homes.

The tone of your posts tend to belittle those that have a legitimate complaint against Southwest.

dfwskier
Aviator A

@floridaguy wrote:

Let me try and explain another way.  What's done is done.  Everyone will get where they are going in time.

I live according to principles of 7 Habits for Highly Effective People.  Habit #1 is to be proactive.   

Being proacive in an emergency MUST FIRST be involved in solving the emergency. 

If you are in a boat with a hole in it, and it is taking on water, you better fix that problem FIRST or the boat will sink and you are gonna drown.

EVERYTHING else can happen later. 

floridaguy
Aviator C

Southwest is handling the situation in the here and now.  So, they are filling in the hole as you make mention.

I am talking about what can be done to PREVENT A HOLE in the future.

I have the right to make a contribution and it appears that many people "love" my perspective.