Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Luggage shipped via fedex

HGRIGGS
Explorer C

My families luggage was supposed to have been shipped from Oakland to our home in TN., but we never received an email with a fedex tracking no. I am not even sure if they are sending all of our bags. We have 3. How can we find out? I left a message with the baggage claim in Oakland, but haven't heard back yet. Does anyone know how the luggage is being sent? Is it being sent 2 day?

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Luggage shipped via fedex

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

When you say they were supposed to be shipped, did you actually hear it has been shipped or will be shipped? Very big difference there.

I suspect there are no systems in place to automatically send tracking numbers (this is Southwest, not Amazon) so I doubt you'll get that information and also suspect the slowest/cheapest option is going to be utilized. Good luck, hope they arrive soon.

--TheMiddleSeat

HGRIGGS
Explorer C

I was told by Aaron at the baggage claim location in Oakland that he was shipping my bags that night, which was yesterday night. This is not the option I wanted. I had requested to have them sent back to BNA Nashville, and I would pick them up, but I didn't seem to get a choice. I would rather deal with the airline than the postal service. 

SWAnotherWokeCo
Adventurer C

We were told that our bags would be shipped to our home via FEDEX. SW still has to find the bags though. We were told they would call us once shipped however, SW employees have  spread much misinformation during this entire ordeal so who knows.

floridaguy
Aviator C

With Tennessee, the lack of paved roads and addresses inhibits delivery.

A delivery address showing "that there house down yonder by the creek" cannot be used on GPS.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@floridaguy wrote:

With Tennessee, the lack of paved roads and addresses inhibits delivery.

A delivery address showing "that there house down yonder by the creek" cannot be used on GPS.

Completely inappropriate to say.  Lots of horrible things could be said about Florida too, but that would also be unwise.

--TheMiddleSeat