Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

MHT to LIT

wesp
Explorer C

I'm trying to look at flights from MHT to LIT for the week of May 3rd, but there's absolutely nothing, until the next week.  What's going on with booking?  That seems wrong.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: MHT to LIT

pennacook
Adventurer C

Hello fellow MHT passenger! I looked at the low fare calendar and there wasn’t anything until the following week.

https://www.southwest.com/air/low-fare-calendar/select-dates.html?adultPassengersCount=1&currencyCod...

dfwskier
Aviator A

Looks like you have 3 options

1) Pick different dates

2) Pick Boston - it's less than an hour away

3) Fly someone else

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@dfwskier wrote:

Looks like you have 3 options

1) Pick different dates

2) Pick Boston - it's less than an hour away

3) Fly someone else

4) book it as point-to-point - i.e. book MHT to BWI or MDW and then from there to LIT. This works great if you are carrying on your luggage. Otherwise you may need to make a special request to check everything through to LIT - if they say "yes" then verify the luggage tags when you check-in - otherwise you might have to retrieve luggage and re-check at BWI or MDW. Allow some time for that.

You might be running afoul of layover time limits in the regular schedule, you'll be able to absorb that yourself with a point to point schedule. 

Then do the same in reverse if necessary. In some cases a route is available one direction but not the other.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

dfwskier
Aviator A

@DancingDavidE wrote:

@

4) book it as point-to-point - i.e. book MHT to BWI or MDW and then from there to LIT.  

I forgot  about that option. Since were talking two small stations with a limited number of direct/nonstop flights, the OP is likely running in to Southwest's "no more than one plane change per trip" rule.

If OP does  try to book point to point, doing so as a multi city trip normally saves a few bucks in reduced taxes.