Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Minor spelling correction on 12 year old passenger

leshanc11SW
Explorer C

We are taking our 12 year old grandson on a trip to Utah in 1 month.  We left the "K" off his last name.  Southwest wants $75 to fix.  Should we just leave his name as is?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Minor spelling correction on 12 year old passenger

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

I'm highly suspect of the claim that you are being charged $75 to correct a name.  Southwest makes minor name changes without charging and even lets you do some online yourself.

Since there is no ID check for a minor you are correct that you could just leave the mis-spelled name and it wouldn't cause any problems other than not being able to earn any Rapid Rewards points for the flight.

--TheMiddleSeat

bec102896
Aviator A

If you booked the reservation less than 24 hours a go you could cancel and request a refund then rebook spelling the name correctly. 

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

@leshanc11SW I have to side with Middleseat, I've made name changes multiple times with an SWA receptionist with no hassle and charge.  Unless things have changed, this would still be the case.

NicoleAshley
Employee
Employee

@leshanc11SW While I do not have access to see reservations, an additional charge sounds odd to me. Please Contact Customer Relations for assistance with the typo.

Nicole
Community Manager