Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Missed part of my hotel stay

latoynew
Explorer C

I booked a vacation to Las Vegas from June 16th until the 19th. Because my flight to Vegas was cancelled and I was placed on a later flight that was also delayed I was not able to check into my hotel until June 17th. So I missed a day of my hotel stay but still payed for it. I would like a refund for my June 16th hotel stay, I am hoping not to have to wait 30 days for this refund, what is the best way to get in contact with someone for this issue? 

1 REPLY 1

Re: Missed part of my hotel stay

jksobonya
Aviator A

You'll have to contact Southwest Vacations, but according to their FAQ, you may be entitled to a refund:

Am I eligible to receive a refund for my Southwest Vacations booking if Southwest disrupts my flight itinerary?

Southwest cares about your peace of mind. You may be eligible for a full or partial refund of your unused accommodation, ground transportation, and activities arrangements booked for the same trip through Southwest Vacations if Southwest Airlines disrupts your flight itinerary.

In the event that your flight itinerary has been disrupted by an event that does not qualify as a Force Majeure Event as provided for in the Southwest Airlines Co. Contract of Carriage (https://www.southwest.com/assets/pdfs/corporate-commitments/contract-of-carriage.pdf) and as determined by Southwest in its sole discretion (such flight disruption, herein defined as the “Flight Disruption”), you may be eligible for a full or partial refund of your unused accommodation, ground transportation, and activities arrangements booked for the same trip through Southwest Vacations.

Your eligibility to receive a full or partial refund of your unused accommodation, ground transportation, and activities arrangements will be determined in conjunction with the terms and conditions listed herein.

How do I request a refund for my Southwest Vacations purchase if I am eligible to receive a refund due to a flight disruption?

If your flight itinerary has been disrupted by an event that does not qualify as a Force Majeure Event as provided for in the Southwest Airlines Co. Contract of Carriage (https://www.southwest.com/assets/pdfs/corporate-commitments/contract-of-carriage.pdf) and as determined by Southwest in its sole discretion (such flight disruption, herein defined as the “Flight Disruption”), to receive a full or partial refund of the non-refundable costs you paid for unused accommodation, ground transportation, and activities arrangements, you must submit your refund request to Southwest Vacations Customer care, no later than 90 days after the scheduled departure date, or any payments and deposits shall be forfeited.  Your refund request must contain the following information:  Customer name, Southwest Airlines confirmation number, hotel confirmation number, and original scheduled date of departure.

If you booked a trip through Southwest Vacations, please call Southwest Vacations Customer care at 833-446-7335. Business hours are: Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 9:00 pm CST, Saturday 10:00 am - 6:00 pm CST, Sunday 10:00 am - 6:00 pm CST.

Source: https://www.southwest.com/faq/refundability-southwest-vacations

--Jessica