Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Modifying return flight date and city

thorny
Explorer A

Hi all; 

I have a round trip booked and would like to modify the return leg to a different date and city.  I also have my husband as a companion.  Can this be accomplished online or should I attempt to call customer service for best results? 

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Modifying return flight date and city

dfwskier
Aviator A

you can do it online

1) Cancel your companion's return flight

2)Change your own return

3) Book your companion's new return.

thorny
Explorer A

Thanks for the quick response.  For the Companion I am only allowed to cancel his whole itinerary versus just the return.  Then I am unsure how to proceed for my intinerary.  Since different city is the procedure to cancel the return leg and rebook that portion?  Sorry for all the questions. 

bec102896
Aviator A
Solution

If the outbound flight still has seats you can cancel the companion completely then cancel your return only and rebook as a one way with new date/city then rebook your companion on both one way flights 

thorny
Explorer A

Thanks for the response.  I got antsy and called customer service.  Painless and personable experience.  Thank goodness.

xin8555373994
Explorer C

Hi there, Hope that you are well and good.

Nice to know the things that you shared. Regarding modifying the flight, can we add pet for the same journey if I have already booked my tickets? Thanks in advance.

Best regards

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

Please start a new thread with a question that's different topic - but I'm sure you can call about the pet.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.