Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Multi-city trip can't be priced

MidwestSteve
Explorer C

Booking a multi-city trip, PLS-FLL-MCI, all on same day, and receiving the message "We are unable to price the flight you selected." However, the cost and taxes are displayed before I click Purchase. Any ideas on how to make this work? This route isn't published, so I'm wanting to use multi-city so all flights are on one record in case anything goes wrong day of travel.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Multi-city trip can't be priced

dfwskier
Aviator A

Hello.

My guess is that you are trying to book a second flight that does not allow enough time between flights -- ie it is not a legal connection.

Try allowing say 45 minutes between the arrival of your first flight and departure of the second. Legal connection times vary by city so it may be less than 45 minutes, but it is not likely to be more than 45 minutes.

Good luck

ZevSupport
Frequent Flyer A

Keep in mind that these times are meant to help you, and ensure that there's ample time to get from gate to gate. Best of luck! 

Community Champion | PHL based | ex-Companion Pass Holder | Southwest Passenger

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@dfwskier wrote:

Hello.

My guess is that you are trying to book a second flight that does not allow enough time between flights -- ie it is not a legal connection.

Try allowing say 45 minutes between the arrival of your first flight and departure of the second. Legal connection times vary by city so it may be less than 45 minutes, but it is not likely to be more than 45 minutes.

Good luck

PLS being international the airline may be expecting you to take a little longer connecting for customs most likely, also you would be clearing and rechecking luggage.

I'm not sure why you aren't booking PLS to MCI as a connecting flight ticket? If the time allowance for customs is short it may allow it as opposed to separate tickets assuming you have to go out and back in?

What day and time are you looking at?

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

bec102896
Aviator A

I have seen some times where if the layover isn’t over 4 hours it won’t let you price them together. 

Also I found out that some fares can’t be combined. What I mean by that is the flight from PLS to FLL might be fare class A while the flight from FLL to MCI might be fare class B but you may not be able to combine A and B to book 1 reservation. 

The best thing to do would be book 2 reservations and then you can call reservations and they should be able to link the 2 reservations together. you will still have 2 confirmation numbers and need to check in 2 times though. assuming this is all being flown in 1 day you should be able to have them link the reservations with just a quick phone call. 

-Blake 

MidwestSteve
Explorer C

Hi guys - thanks for all the replies. I didn't have my subscription set correctly so I didn't realize I had any replies until now. Oh well.

Interestingly, to me at least, this is a published fare on Saturdays and Sundays in July. Looks like there is sufficient time between connections. The shortest connection on the published fares is 2h 10min and what I'm trying to book has a 2h 45min connection.

I'm fine with the two one-ways, but was told by a SW rep that they can't link them. Is that incorrect?