Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: My Money back

Pandelis
Explorer B

Jack! People Have priorities, every day.i'm sure you do to, and all the executives at southwest.

So Did I. My Goal was to  buy a ticket and go on vacation. No i did not see the button when i bought the ticket. i was to exited that i was getting on a plane to go to seattle and get on a cruise ship. i was thinking of all the fun stuff. BUT southwest said :Let's give them some kind of a discount  on the ticket to get them in ( Cause cheap stuff do draw people) Certain percentage of travelers will cancel and if they cancel we keep the money HaHaHa!! and they pat themselves in the back. they have the plains i wanna get there fast. i have no choice. For  southwest to keep a portion of the money i can understand that. Expenses. but to keep all the money That IS BLACKMAIL. It is common these days that people do not read (terms and Conditions) and if some do a small portion understand what that think says i don't expect you to sympathize with me or all the other people who lost their money Because you can't do anything about it the only think they will allow you to do is defend that stupid button for southwest.  but  JACK i know you agree with me and if you write it down that will be the last time you will write. southwest on their commercials they point out about all the good stuff they will do for travelers but they don't say you buy the ticket you change your mind you lost your money.Like i said BLACKMAIL:    

Pandelis
Explorer B

Yes the rules should apply and everyone should get their money back. (Nonrefundable) is not the right term here. Stealing Is The right term. Again for them to keep a 10% or 15% of my money i can see that. but to keep all my money? Why.Why. You Probably went to college and got an education. can you explain that to me.They made up the <<contract>> to their favor.They use a word (non refundable) to keep money from people. Because they know for sure that a certain number of people will cancel, and that is money guaranty for them without providing a service. so it is not southwest's fault but it is not people's fault either that stupid coronavirus is here and for that the little guy has to pay. what kind of logic is that especially from educated people.It Makes me sick to my stomach that you defend the airlines.

dfwskier
Aviator A

@Pandelis wrote:

You Probably went to college and got an education. can you explain that to me.They made up the <<contract>> to their favor.

No one forced you to buy a non refundable ticket.  When you bought your ticket you agreed to the contract. End of story

You could have bought a fully refundable ticket. Why didn't you?

They use a word (non refundable) to keep money from people. Because they know for sure that a certain number of people will cancel, and that is money guaranty for them without providing a service. 

Not true. The vast majority of people use the travel funds they get when cancelling a ticket. How? They buy another ticket. So the airline does provide a service.

Perhaps you should familiarize yourself with the dictionary definition of non refundable:

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/dictionary/english/non-refundable

Pandelis
Explorer B

Not true. The vast majority of people use the travel funds they get when cancelling a ticket. How? They buy another ticket. So the airline does provide a service.

Jack Like i Said there's a number of people that will cancel. so they do keep the money. They give a discount and if people cancel the trip bye bye money. I bought a TICKET, I did not use the ticket, i should be able to return the ticket and get my money back. Like Wall Mart. you by a tv, it doesn't work you take it back they give you your money back. southwest is no better than Wall Mart. That's how Business get customers to go back. for them to keep a 15% for using a person to hit a few clicks on a keyboard and put the money on to my card  i'm all for that. To Penalize me because of a pandemic??

C'mon Jack.  It is not southwest's fault ok i agree. But it is not my Fault Either. why am i losing my money. WHY JACK WHY.Who makes it non refundable southwest is. why because they can. is it right. NO IT IS NOT. Dictatorship. It is Not My Fault but i am the little guy. and southwest is the giant. So I Lose.

mmjelly
Explorer C

Southwest is holding your money hostage! The worst thing is is they only allow you to apply the flight money to the ONE ticket with your name on it! My mom and grandmother and flying together and they will only apply the money that they "refunded" (it's not a refund) to the one ticket.  So if you have a family and have to cancel your flight then you can only apply that future money to one ticket with your name on it.  It's a total rip off.  And if you don't fly and use that money it's gone.  It's money that YOU paid I agree you should get a refund especially during this pandemic.  

Pandelis
Explorer B

WHY THEY ARE KEEPING MY MONEY.

Flamer
Explorer C

Regarding any purchase especially an On-line purchase... Let the Buyer Beware!

Regarding Conversion of Account Funds to Rapid Reward Points here's the Programs qualifying language.....

"Travel funds must meet the following qualifications in order to be able to convert funds:

• Customer must be a Rapid Rewards Member.
  • Travel funds that expire September 7, 2022 or were created by canceling a ticket between March 1, 2020 and September 7, 2020. Funds created after September 7 will hold the standard one year expiration.
  • The first and last name must match what is on their Rapid Rewards Account.
  • Travel fund must originate from ticket purchased on Southwest.com, Southwest Airlines Customer Service Agent, or a Customer Support and Services Representative. "

So that blue text does not permit a "fund-to-point" conversion of a ticket for passenger B that was purchase by passenger A within Passenger A's Rapid Reward account. 

I'd like to know if I am wrong because I purchased 3 tickets (one for me and one each for 2 other passengers) using my Rapid Rewards account and ended up cancelling our reservations due to the Virus. I would love to be able to convert those funds for the other 2 passengers to My Rapid Rewards Points.

dfwskier
Aviator A

@Flamer wrote:

So that blue text does not permit a "fund-to-point" conversion of a ticket for passenger B that was purchase by passenger A within Passenger A's Rapid Reward account. 

You are correct.. However passenger B may use his/her points to buy a ticket for anyone - including you. That might not be exactly what you want, but it might accomplish the same thing.

Flamer
Explorer C

@dfwskier wrote

"You are correct.. However passenger B may use his/her points to buy a ticket for anyone - including you. That might not be exactly what you want, but it might accomplish the same thing."

In my case passenger B was not a Rapid Rewards Member and still isn't. Do you know if passenger B, after the fact, can enroll for RR membership, receive a RR #, link their new account to their cancelled-ticket funds and then convert to rapid reward points under their new RR Account? 

chgoflyer
Aviator A