Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: My Money back

dfwskier
Aviator A

@Flamer wrote:

@dfwskier wrote

In my case passenger B was not a Rapid Rewards Member and still isn't. Do you know if passenger B, after the fact, can enroll for RR membership, receive a RR #, link their new account to their cancelled-ticket funds and then convert to rapid reward points under their new RR Account? 

I am not absolutely sure, but I think so. It might get a bit complicated since the reservation does not tie to a RR #.

I think there's a workaround to that. 

1) Have passenger B obtain a RR account

2) Have passenger B access the reservation using the confirmation number and passenger name. I suspect there is no way to retroactively tie a cancelled reservation to a RR number. (but see last paragraph)

3) Which means one more step would need to be done. Passenger B would use the existing funds to buy a new ticket (tied to the RR number), and then cancel that ticket.

4) Convert the travel fund from that ticket into RR point sin passenger B's RR account.

Before doing the above it might be better to have passenger B get a RR account, and then contact the airline to see if the RR # can be tied to the old confirmation number. If so, lots of what I suggested above would not need to be done. 

I know it is possible to add a RR number to an existing reservation for a future flight, and I believe that one can add an RR number to a flight that was taken in order to get RR points for that flight.. 

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@dfwskier wrote:

@Flamer wrote:

@dfwskier wrote

In my case passenger B was not a Rapid Rewards Member and still isn't. Do you know if passenger B, after the fact, can enroll for RR membership, receive a RR #, link their new account to their cancelled-ticket funds and then convert to rapid reward points under their new RR Account? 

I am not absolutely sure, but I think so. It might get a bit complicated since the reservation does not tie to a RR #.

I think there's a workaround to that. 

1) Have passenger B obtain a RR account

2) Have passenger B access the reservation using the confirmation number and passenger name. I suspect there is no way to retroactively tie a cancelled reservation to a RR number. (but see last paragraph)

3) Which means one more step would need to be done. Passenger B would use the existing funds to buy a new ticket (tied to the RR number), and then cancel that ticket.

4) Convert the travel fund from that ticket into RR point sin passenger B's RR account.

Before doing the above it might be better to have passenger B get a RR account, and then contact the airline to see if the RR # can be tied to the old confirmation number. If so, lots of what I suggested above would not need to be done. 

I know it is possible to add a RR number to an existing reservation for a future flight, and I believe that one can add an RR number to a flight that was taken in order to get RR points for that flight.. 

The FAQ that I mentioned earlier makes it seem pretty simple. 😉

If I was not a Rapid Rewards Member when the travel fund was created, can I join Rapid Rewards now and convert my travel fund to points?

Yes, you can join Rapid Rewards, sign into your account, look up your travel fund, and convert it to points

Flamer
Explorer C

@dfwskier & @chgoflyer 

Thank you for the info....

Cwilli
Explorer C

Same problem!! They are making so much money on this. I talked to the rudest agent ever. I am so done with this airline. Mumbo jumbo yes!