Southwest Airlines Community

Re: My Money back

dfwskier
Aviator A

@DancingDavidE wrote:

@dfwskier wrote:

@Pandelis wrote:

I did not Sign

anywhere that i will loose my money in case of a Pandemic. Southwest is Like any other airline.    

But the second you bought your ticket you DID agree to Southwest's terms as specified in it's Contract of Carriage.  It states:

What?

What is that although the poster "did not Sign 

anywhere that i will loose my money in case of a Pandemic"

He / she did agree to the terms of the Contract of Carriage which basically states (using common english as opposed to legalese)  that if you buy a non refundable ticket that "the airline is entitled to keep your money unless that airline cancels your flight" 

Pandelis
Explorer B

I want my money back.You have  my money. Southwest Sucks.I need My Money back.Quick.

dfwskier
Aviator A

If you bought a fully refundable ticket, you can get your money back.

If you bought a non refundable ticket, you will get a travel fund.

dk7837
Explorer C

Southwest

I can't believe you just **bleep**ED me out of around 1500.00 dollars with this bull**bleep** game. I've been a loyal customer for years but **bleep** YOU AND YOUR AIRLINES. I will bad mouth you with everyone I talk to. I'm going to take a screen shot of this and post to social media, Your about as crooked as they can get. Nobody planned this covid **bleep** however you  are using it to **bleep** your patrons. I didn't want a refund I wanted the money transfered to my rewards but no the employee at your customer service said she couldn't help. I will get my travel out of the way with what you  OWE me and after that I pray you fail and go under. Doesn't do any good to be loyal when Southwest AIRLINES clearly is out To **bleep** people out of there money.

dfwskier
Aviator A

@dk7837 wrote:

I understand that you are POd, but you haven't told anyone what happened.

bec102896
Aviator A

@dk7837

Sorry your upset please keep in mind the Community User Guidelines when posting. 

Furthermore you can now convert your travel funds in to rapid rewards points (since you said you didn't want a refund) check out this TKB to learn more: Converting Travel Funds to Rapid Rewards Points keep in mind only certain travel funds qualify for this option. 

-Blake

Pandelis
Explorer B

Because of the pandemic some people (Thousands) lose their life and some people (Few) make money. unfortunately It is not a fare world. But Jack Guess what, We Make it  fare or not  the people. The company  that you are trying cover for will gladly do the same thing to you and you will say thank you.

bwallet
Frequent Flyer A

Southwest isn't making money right now. You can put that thought to rest.

You bought nonrefundable tickets. You did this because, survey says, they were cheaper. They were less than half the price. The only real difference before the fare you bought and the higher one was that yours was nonrefundable. Why in the world would it be fair for you to get a refund??? The rules apply to everyone, including you. 

Pandelis
Explorer B

i Bought a TICKET. That's all i did. are you telling me i am the only one that is asking for a refund? southwest is not making money, you say and they will lose more in the future. I did not give  the right to southwest to keep my money. i did not sign anywhere, did not put my initials, or checked any box whatsoever none of that. i just bought a ticket. contract what contract. that is blackmail. a contract is when to parties agree and sign on it and each  have a copy. southwest is keeping my money and all of those people who canceled their flights because of coronavirus. survey says, what survey of five people. as far as the chip tickets, southwest makes sure that there is profit to be made on those tickets to. coronavirus nobody wanted but is here. for southwest they see it as an opportunity to make money. i don't care what other airlines do. in case you want to mention how good southwest is comparing to other airlines. 

dfwskier
Aviator A

@Pandelis wrote:

I did not give  the right to southwest to keep my money. 

But you did...

When you bought your ticket,on the page that includes the "purchase" button, 

there is a sentence immediately above that purchase button. Here's what it reads:

By clicking 'Purchase', I agree to the Terms and Conditions below, the privacy policy, fare rules, and the contract of carriage.

The second you hit the purchase button you agreed to the contract of carriage, 

which says that non refundable tickets are NON REFUNDABLE.

Nobody forced you to buy a ticket, and you could have said "I don't agree with these terms" and Southwest would not have sold you a ticket.