Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

My card was charged but no reservation was made

ALynn21
Explorer C

Last night I bought two tickets on the online website. When I tried to complete the purchase it kicked me back to the screen to pay. So I tried again and my bank notified me that both the first time and second time I was charged on my card for trying to buy the flights. I checked my email and there was no confirmation number. I called the customer relations and they stated the charges should drop off within 72 hours. Is this true? Or am I out 100 dollars for flights I didn’t even get reservations for?!? 

5 REPLIES 5

Re: My card was charged but no reservation was made

elijahbrantley
Aviator A
Solution

Before I even got to your sentence about the 72 hour credit card hold, I was thinking to myself: the hold will release and you will not be charged.  

The experts here would be the SW team since this is a customer community, so I would trust what they told you. The hold for the money will fall off of your card, and you will not actually be charged if the tickets were not booked.

If by small chance the charge authorization does not get removed, you can always dispute with your credit card company.

Were you able to book with the agent on the phone?

-A List, Companion Pass holder

jksobonya
Aviator A

I'm 99.9% sure this is just an authorization - not a final change. Since no tickets were purchased, the authorization will drop after a couple of days, at most.

--Jessica

Maliahlacour
Explorer C

$316.95 was takin out of my account without any reservation, confirmation, or email. I spoke to customer service she did absolutely nothing. I had my bank file fraud since it was an unauthorized payment I need the money back ASAP who do I need to speak to that will do their job correctly. This is unacceptable!

dfwskier
Aviator A

@Maliahlacour wrote:

$316.95 was takin out of my account without any reservation, confirmation, or email. I spoke to customer service she did absolutely nothing. I had my bank file fraud since it was an unauthorized payment I need the money back ASAP who do I need to speak to that will do their job correctly. This is unacceptable!

The only way that would happen is if you input an incorrect RR number and e-mail address when you bought the ticket. Thus the flight would not appear in your RR account and you wouldn't have received an e-mail.

If nothing else works, refer to the post immediately above yours.

Francesca1
Explorer C

Did you get your refund ? Please let me know