Southwest Airlines Community

New Southwest Fare Class -- Wanna Get Away Plus

dfwskier
Aviator A
5 REPLIES 5

Re: New Southwest Fare Class -- Wanna Get Away Plus

bec102896
Aviator A

I feel the funds transferability will be great for those who do not travel a lot but have family who could use the funds.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@bec102896 my immediate thought is the guy that buys a ticket for his girlfriend, but they break up before the trip happens. I'm curious to see how much this added "insurance" will cost compared to the WGA fare.

--TheMiddleSeat

cyberroo
Explorer A

Same-day standby / flight changes could be a big benefit, especially on routes that have frequent flights, like the LA to Bay Area. Before I was A-list (and back when those flights were literally every hour), I definitely would have paid a premium to be able to access that.

bwallet
Frequent Flyer A

I was just reading the details. There were a number of other changes that are inconsequential to me like Early Bird is included with Anytime fares.

However, there was one change that did catch my eye. AL and ALP now receive free same day confirmed changes. In the past, it was just same day standby. To me, this is a fair major plus. Yay!

gsking
Aviator C

@bwallet wrote:

However, there was one change that did catch my eye. AL and ALP now receive free same day confirmed changes. In the past, it was just same day standby. To me, this is a fair major plus. Yay!

Where did you see this?   I only read this was for WGBP fares... for everyone.