Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

No Hotel booked!

cdomman
Explorer C

My issue is with Southwest Vacations, not Southwest airlines.  After hours on the phone with an agent in Venezuela 6 weeks ago,  and checking on the hotel before leaving, discovered she had  failed to book 3 nights in the hotel, and had only booked 1.  Trying to get a hotel at the last minute was 3 times the price.  Their customer service is not 24 hours, long waits, and the alternative chat line not in service. South West Vacations utilizes people with English as a 2nd or 3rd language, making communication difficult.  I could not understand about half of what the new agent said.  Southwest did not offer any compensation or to pay for the rooms that they should have booked.  I will not be using Southwest Vacations again for any future travel.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: No Hotel booked!

dfwskier
Aviator A

@cdomman wrote:

I will not be using Southwest Vacations again for any future travel.

LOTS of people feel that way.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Friendly reminder that Southwest Vacations is not related to Southwest Airlines at all and it is best to avoid any dealings with Southwest Vacations.

--TheMiddleSeat

jksobonya
Aviator A

A lot of people have had “bad” experiences with Southwest Vacations, but as they say people love to post negative experiences instead of positive ones. I used SW Vacations many times in the past and never had issues with it or their services. In fact, I always thought that booking a flight + hotel in the same transaction was rather convenient.

I also don’t think it’s fair to say that Southwest has “nothing” to do with Southwest Vacations. They are an official partner, albeit a third party one, just like anyone else Southwest does business with to promote their brand. Heck, Southwest Vacations is prominently advertised right on the home page of Southwest.com. Unpopular opinion, but I think we need to stop treating it like a red headed stepchild when the reality is there’s nothing wrong with it or the services they provide.

—Jessica