Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Not A Happy Person

rickcrouch60
Explorer C

I scheduled my first vacation in almost 20 years to take my granddaughter to Florida. We were supposed to go home today and did everything we were supposed to to make sure we were here for the flight. They canceled our flight a few hours before we we supposed to leave. Now we are at the airport with no where to go until tomorrow afternoon. When I ask the Southwest flight person at the desk she just said that's up to me not there problem just flights get canceled all the time. I booked and paid for a direct flight and the only flight they could get me on was one that's going to Boston first making what was supposed to be a 2 hour flight almost 5 1/2 hour and I got bumped from boarding group A to B. Not to mention what am I supposed to do with my granddaughter until tomorrow afternoon. We are stuck at the airport with no where to go. Very disappointed that Southwest cares so little for there passengers/rewards members. This has been the worst. 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Not A Happy Person

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

This is a customer to customer forum, you might want to send your comments directly to Southwest.  Use the contact us link at the bottom of the page and send a message.

--TheMiddleSeat

rickcrouch60
Explorer C

Thank You for the advice. I just emailed them. I thought this was a place to do that. 
thanks again 

dfwskier
Aviator A

When any airline cancels a flight it tries to put passengers on the next available flight between the two points. Sometimes  that accommodation is not very good, even though it is the best the airline can provide.

You options are 

1) Look at the Southwest schedule to see if there is a better flight. Since people cancel all the time, something might be available now that was not available when SW rebooked  you. SW allows you a no cost change to another flight that has an open seat - regardless of the cost of the ticket.

2) Tell SW you want a refund and get home in some other way.