Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Odds of cancellation with the “red banner”

Perholmes
Explorer C

We’re booked for flights on January 5th/6th and have banners for both airports that our bookings might be ‘adversely affected.’ Is this a blanket warning to everyone in the next week or are the odds of our flights being cancelled pretty high? 

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Odds of cancellation with the “red banner”

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Blanket warning, does not indicate more likely to cancel. 

--TheMiddleSeat

Trvlgrl
Explorer C

I am scheduled to fly on Wednesday.  I also have the red banner saying I can change my flight, it just appeared.    Any advice from others that this has happened to, should I go ahead and change my flight?  In the past if there has been changes to my flight, I was just booked on another flight and SW notified me by email of the changes.  Advice please

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

If you like your schedule as is, keep it. If you want to switch to another flight, go for it. Flights seem to be back on track for the most part so there's no blanket reason to rebook or cancel. 

--TheMiddleSeat

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@Trvlgrl wrote:

I am scheduled to fly on Wednesday.  I also have the red banner saying I can change my flight, it just appeared.    Any advice from others that this has happened to, should I go ahead and change my flight?  In the past if there has been changes to my flight, I was just booked on another flight and SW notified me by email of the changes.  Advice please

If you booked a connection or off-time in order to save some money, now is your chance to change it to that most desirable midday flight for no extra money, if seats are available.

Remember if you are changing flights less than 36 hours before scheduled departure then your A-list or EBCI position assignments won't be used. 

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

Trvlgrl
Explorer C

Just an update, my flight ended up being cancelled after multiple delays and waiting at the airport for a few hours.  I ended up driving 1-1/2 hours to another airport to take the first flight out the next morning.