Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

One Way LAS to CLE

ertley
Explorer C

Long time RR member, tons of points. Trying to get home on 3.26.22  LAS to CLE, two cheapest tiers are totally unavailable. Why is that?  Not just LAS, same for STR and PHX, into CLE.  Thoughts ?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: One Way LAS to CLE

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Spring break, Las Vegas (or anywhere), on a Sunday... that's pretty high demand so it's not completely surprising Southwest does not have any Wanna Get Away fares available.  Southwest is betting it can sell those seats without discounting them.  You can book an Anytime fare and cancel it if a WGA fare becomes available or book a different date/airline.

--TheMiddleSeat

dfwskier
Aviator A

Southwest frequently does not offer WGA flights on expected high demand flights far in the future. It expects high demand for the flight.

If demand turns out to be less than expected, SW opens up some WGA fares for ale later on. I've seen this happen multiple times.

Will this happen in your case? Your guess is a good as mine

ertley
Explorer C

Thank you, just odd as I take this flight each year same time, never had this happen before. I'll keep checking back. 

bec102896
Aviator A

I notice once they release a new schedule the WGA fares are usually not available for sometime on peak days or times in your case spring break as others have stated check back or book the fare now and if it goes cheaper cancel and rebook 

sometimes you just have to play the waiting game I’m not a fan of that game but when it could save me money I’ll play same with the checking daily or weekly to see if a price dropped takes time but if I can save money I’m all in.