Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Ongoing issues with Apple Pay results in fraud by Southwest

jbailey5280
Explorer C

For the second time in just over a month, Southwest has charged me for a booking then not sent a confirmation email and has refused to release the pending charge. The first scenario took 7 days to refund and only because Bank of America canceled the transaction due to no response from SWA.

This forum has dozens of posts about this exact issue - try to use Apple Pay, Southwest says there was an error but charges you anyway. Both time representatives have said it is on my bank to cancel. Rep from BofA have confirmed - on the phone and in person - that is 100% false. Knowingly disseminating false financial info is fraud.

SWA is a publicly traded, multi billion dollar company. How could you have such a basic issue and literally zero response plan. Do they even read these forums? I’ve not seen a single SWA employee reply to a single post. 

FIX YOUR SYSTEM, STOP HOLDING MONEY FROM FAILURES IN YOUR SYSTEM, and for the love of god give your customer service reps SOME sort of info or tools to resolve this. Like all others have said, will not be flying SWA after this trip. 

13 REPLIES 13

Re: Ongoing issues with Apple Pay results in fraud by Southwest

jbailey5280
Explorer C

I’m un able to purchase a new booking because I cannot afford it after the money they’ve taken. The flight occurs before the money will be refunded. They’ve taken my money and refused to do anything but hold for UP TO 90 DAYS, I am literally stuck in the wrong city. Oh my latest call to customer service went to a busy signal.

Is this even a real company?

bec102896
Aviator A
Solution

I just used Apple Pay for 2 flights tonight and got email confirmation right away without issue. 

floridaguy
Aviator C

This is why I use the Southwest App.  No muss, no fuss.

jksobonya
Aviator A

@jbailey5280 wrote:

SWA is a publicly traded, multi billion dollar company. How could you have such a basic issue and literally zero response plan. Do they even read these forums?

1) Because for most, it works just fine.

2) Actually, Southwest does not. These forums are peer-to-peer, and while there are a few Southwest employees that maintain the forums, they are not here to actually resolve issues. For that, you need to contact Southwest using the Contact Us link below.

--Jessica

floridaguy
Aviator C

This is not "fraud" by Southwest.  If you read all of the service agreements that go along with the litany of apps that you have, you'll find hold harmless clauses.  Southwest also has to protect itself from those transactions that are forthcoming and might leave them in the negative.

No, you can't use funds that are a state of transition to buy a new ticket.

I'm wondering though, if you have no more money to buy a ticket, how were you going to have ground transportation, meals, etc?

jbailey5280
Explorer C

You really have the nerve to ask someone about their personal finances?? I’m traveling home for Christmas you kook. Any other company would do right by their customer. There are a litany of posts of the same issue which has been unaddressed for over 4 months. 

Restaurants use the same charge procedures and settle the final amount with 2 days, why is a much large company incapable of cancelling the transaction.

Question for you - why are you staying in Florida when you know it’s a joke to the rest of the world and will be underwater soon? 

floridaguy
Aviator C

Excuse me, but my point was that Southwest isn't going to give credit on funds that are in transition.  Just like if you go to the bank, deposit an out of town check, you can't get access to the cash for a day or two, or more.

There was nothing personal in the post as an attack.  

Do you you feel is best.  Thank you.

(I love living in Florida - no state income tax)

dfwskier
Aviator A

@jbailey5280 wrote:

The first scenario took 7 days to refund and only because Bank of America canceled the transaction due to no response from SWA.

That is the way that "non confirmed"pending charges are normally vacated - by the bank holding the pending charge.

cheyenneallgood
Employee
Employee

Hello Community. It has come to my attention that this conversation is starting to become unproductive. Please refer to our Community User Guidelines and understand that we ask all Community Users to be kind and courteous when seeking peer-to-peer advice. Thank you for keeping the Community and vibrant and helpful space! 

Best, 

Cheyenne