Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Ongoing issues with Apple Pay results in fraud by Southwest

rhuiz
Explorer C

Lust happened to me and was told the same thing everyone else was. This is ridiculous, SWA knows there is a glitch with its App and apple pay, yet they do nothing to fix it! I was told it would take me 1-3 weeks to get a refund however I leave in 3 1/2 weeks. By that time the fare will be double to triple the amount they are now. I feel as though this is SWA way to get people to pay more for those flights. I just hope my bank will do something sooner rather than later. From this point on I think I will be choosing another airline. Too many issues with SWA and I do not want them to be a damper on my travels.

dfwskier
Aviator A

Sounds to me like the people who complain about apple pay should use some other payment method.

Easy solution.

Rodney214
Explorer C

Southwest Arline’s are wrong they should take there Apple Pay down somehow 462 dollar’s disappear and none of there workers don’t know what to do feel like I got scammed I can’t make it home now gotta wait till I get paid again I lost all trust in this airline the worst I ever experienced they see it’s a problem with there Apple Pay and refused to do some about it cause it works for some people might as well fly spirit southwest Arline is trash dirt

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@jbailey5280 wrote:

For the second time in just over a month, Southwest has charged me for a booking then not sent a confirmation email and has refused to release the pending charge. The first scenario took 7 days to refund and only because Bank of America canceled the transaction due to no response from SWA.

This forum has dozens of posts about this exact issue - try to use Apple Pay, Southwest says there was an error but charges you anyway. Both time representatives have said it is on my bank to cancel. Rep from BofA have confirmed - on the phone and in person - that is 100% false. Knowingly disseminating false financial info is fraud.

SWA is a publicly traded, multi billion dollar company. How could you have such a basic issue and literally zero response plan. Do they even read these forums? I’ve not seen a single SWA employee reply to a single post. 

FIX YOUR SYSTEM, STOP HOLDING MONEY FROM FAILURES IN YOUR SYSTEM, and for the love of god give your customer service reps SOME sort of info or tools to resolve this. Like all others have said, will not be flying SWA after this trip. 

I can answer part of your question: this is primarily a customer to customer forum, so no the Southwest ticketing people are not reading your posts - you should use Contact Southwest Customer Service to reach Southwest directly.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.