Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Paid reservation but no ticket received!

parpitt1
Frequent Flyer A

Sorry to hear about this, were you signed into a rapid rewards account when you made the purchase? That would yield a "trail" of the transaction and provide documentation.

For myself, I would never consider connecting any 3rd party App to my bank account, especially Apple Pay, nor would I ever consider using a debt card in connection with a bank account.

Always I mean always use a credit card for purchases of this type. The cc charges are reversible if there is a glitch and you insulate your cash! 

Best of luck! 

dfwskier
Aviator A

@Kindness-Countz wrote:

I used my southwest app to make a reservation for four tickets and the total amount has been taken (pending) from my bank account but I did not receive any confirmation of my tickets.  

The right time to start asking abut "missing tickets" starts right after you hit the purchase button. You should should get an immediate (within seconds) confirmation via the app as well as e-mail.the second you buy tickets..

Also, a "pending" charge only becomes a "real" charge either the next day or when the airline confirms that the charge is real. If that didn't  happen, you were never charged.

bec102896
Aviator A

Once you click book a confirmation number should have followed if you didn't get a confirmation number your reservation was most likely not confirmed. If the charge is pending it would probably fall off in a few days if the charge posts then you should reach out to customer relations on Southwest.com or you can send a message on Facebook or Twitter and hopefully they can fugue out what happened. 

jksobonya
Aviator A

Seems odd. Were you logged into Southwest when you made your purchase? Do you see your flight under "My Upcoming Trips" in your account? Did you receive a confirmation e-mail? 

If the answer is "no" to all the above, my guess is that your purchase did not actually go through and your pending charge is going to drop off after a few days. If your charge is processed though, contact Southwest and explain the situation. If you were charged, you have to have tickets, otherwise Southwest will have no choice but to refund you. 

--Jessica

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@Kindness-Countz wrote:

I used my southwest app to make a reservation for four tickets and the total amount has been taken (pending) from my bank account but I did not receive any confirmation of my tickets. I called customer service and they stated that they have been experiencing issues with ApplePay and they do not have any record of my reservation. The fare for the four tickets has since increased (almost doubled) and the representative said they could hold four tickets for me but only at the new rate! Only other option was to email a complaint via the web (which I did) but it could take up to 30days for a response. So I’m out a couple hundred dollars… and now you want to pay EVEN MORE? Oh and my travel is within Seven days 😕 After doing research this appears to be a common issue with South West 🤔 Has anyone experienced the same? Can anyone help please?

Feels a lot like I got scammed. I worked hard to save this money and would appreciate being treated like I matter as a customer. Not “oh yea sometimes our system does that”. ☹️

Save your screenshots and explain that you want to get a LUV voucher towards the difference in the change in fare. 

I think we heard about something like this on the message board before, where there was a hiccup and someone had bought the tickets while you were transacting and therefore it didn't actually go through.

But as the others mentioned, if you don't have a confirmation number immediately, you aren't confirmed call right away, rebook, whatever the case may be.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

CupCrusher40
Frequent Flyer B

maybe if usps mailed tickets could be proof for both sides

Irelandsmommy
Explorer C

To the original poster:  regardless of what ANY of the frequent contributors/experts etc are saying to you, I know exactly what you say happened because it  JUST happened to me on February 8, 2022.  I tried to pay with Apple Pay inside the Southwest app.  When I would hit the “Purchase “

Reservation” button within the app, Apple Pay prompted me to approve transaction and then the little plane circled as it processed and then a pop up that said “UNKNOWN ERROR” And some alphanumeric code that meant nothing to me.  Ok, I think, it happens, I try again, same thing.  So now I call and the agent tells me that as I pressed the button to pay, the seats were sold and I just didn’t make it in time.  I get off the phone and do all of the above and it all happened again.  Finally I called an agent and had him do it for me with no issues whatsoever.  However after all that, I had 3 pending charges on my debit card totaling $387.  No tickets.  No agent at Southwest can see any of these transactions on their “side” of the payment processor.  My bank even sent over record of the transactions.  Still no word from Southwest or a call from a Supervisor like the agent told me.

So, to the contributors that consistently tell posters that their situation involving Southwest not releasing funds for unticketed reservations did not happen or that the poster is not telling you everything that happened, YOU ARE WRONG.  This does happen and Southwest agents can be hit or miss on both knowledge and manners when it comes to this situation.  Either they do not have any idea what is going on or they will just not believe you and be very very rude.  Oh and I actually used just my card and now Apple Pay on the last transaction I tried in the App.  Maybe it has something to do with the app.  Whatever it is, Southwest does not know why it happens  and can not see anything on their payment processor or making it so that the glitch somehow is kept out of what the phone agents can see. The $387 is still pending on my debit card and I am waiting for resolution.  And if any contributor wants to make a comment about not paying with a debit card for reservations, I have this to say to that.  I or any customer should be able to pay with ANY PAYMENT TYPE Southwest accepts without worrying if unauthorized pending charges will hold my money for days with no end in sight.  This happens and for anyone reading this in the future, contact me via this forum and hopefully I can give you insight on how it was resolved if at all.

Francesca1
Explorer C

Hey how did you ended up? It happen to me now and I am panicking 

SwcanSUCKIT
Explorer C

This just happened to me. 
first tried paypal credit. Did not go thru. Error msg
then tried apply pay. Same. No ticket and error mg

so i decided to call and stop trying. 
checked my paypal and my bank. Now i have 2 authorizations for 1200$ and NO TICKETS

so yes 2400$ epent and zero tickets. 
at this rate if the charges do go through my trip is cancelled. I saved for 6 months for these tickets. 
SW reps did nothing. 

January702
Explorer C

Hi. Can you please tell me how this resolved for you. Were you officially charged or did the money get returned after pending? I have $1763 “pending” from this same issue.