Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Paid reservation but no ticket received!

Kindness-Countz
Explorer C

I used my southwest app to make a reservation for four tickets and the total amount has been taken (pending) from my bank account but I did not receive any confirmation of my tickets. I called customer service and they stated that they have been experiencing issues with ApplePay and they do not have any record of my reservation. The fare for the four tickets has since increased (almost doubled) and the representative said they could hold four tickets for me but only at the new rate! Only other option was to email a complaint via the web (which I did) but it could take up to 30days for a response. So I’m out a couple hundred dollars… and now you want to pay EVEN MORE? Oh and my travel is within Seven days 😕 After doing research this appears to be a common issue with South West 🤔 Has anyone experienced the same? Can anyone help please?

Feels a lot like I got scammed. I worked hard to save this money and would appreciate being treated like I matter as a customer. Not “oh yea sometimes our system does that”. ☹️

36 REPLIES 36

Re: Paid reservation but no ticket received!

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

I would not call your situation a common occurrence and it does not seem like we have all the facts here.  Since this is a customer to customer forum your best bet for resolution is to contact Southwest directly.

--TheMiddleSeat

Kindness-Countz
Explorer C

Thank you for your input. That is in fact all of the facts. I paid, got an error message from their app, the money is still pending, and I am left without the tickets and only the option to pay more.  Southwest has just reached out to me stating that they are experiencing errors in their booking system, apologized, offered an $150 LUV credit (please note $722.80 is ending in my account) and no resolution on the tickets. Customers be ware! That is my message at this point. 

I now have to start from square one with higher rates and les money. I did my part and got the short end of the stick.

Irelandsmommy
Explorer C

Please see my comment below before you respond to a poster in regards to any situation like this.  There is no more information for the poster to give you.  The app has a glitch and this happens .  It happened to me just this week.  All we want when asking this question, is to see if anyone here knows anything because as both myself and the OP have stated, Southwest agents tell us they can not see the transaction.  

Zsouthwest
Explorer C

Hi- this just happened to me and they’re giving me the runaround. How were you able to resolve your issue?? 

one8t
Explorer C

I joined to post a reply here. That answer is worthless - no assistance, sarcastic and inaccurate. The original poster gave PLENTY of details for possible answers or at least direction. In many cases, it's better to not post less and let a reasonable discussion take place.

Do a search for SW Airlines (card, payment, authorization) issues - you'll get 1,000,000+ hits, most describe a situation 95% same as original poster here. So when you state this isn't a common occurrence that is in fact completely false.

The problem is SW Airlines devotes little time to making their site  work with the multitude of payment systems - their own card is pushed as a solution - go figure. If they don't support a payment platform - DON'T ACCEPT IT.

Now I'll search for answers to my identical situation. Uncommon, lol.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@one8t have you contacted Southwest directly?

--TheMiddleSeat

one8t
Explorer C

YES, why in any universe would I be looking here? Seriously? That question was your latest contribution? What department of SW do you work in because that is exactly how you're responding. Quick summary...attempted to purchase ticket, selected Apple Pay, screen spins, returns screen rhat states "Oops, blah blah blah". Done. Amount of attempted purchase now pending on Apple Pay - no record of any type on SW.com. NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING

not name, payee, etc

How's that?

dfwskier
Aviator A

I believe it is the bank that determines when a hold is released - not Apple Pay and not Southwest.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@one8t my point is no one here works for Southwest so if you would like to get resolution on this you should contact them directly.  This is a customer to customer forum.

--TheMiddleSeat