Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Paid reservation but no ticket received!

Ashlynmoore
New Arrival

hello! Same exact issue happened to me last night. I used my Apple Pay to purchase tickets, system error had popped up on my screen. I then called southwest and they said they could not see the tickets on their end. I had the extra funds in my account so I went ahead and purchased another $1200 worth of tickets to ensure I make my flights in 2 weeks. I also bank with (BofA) and I called this morning and she said I would have to dispute the pending charge. But you just said it went back into your account after a few days. So I’m going to wait it out and see what happens with the money. I’m super sad about the situation. But your comment did put my mind at ease knowing the money may return without an even longer process due to a southwest error. 

January702
New Arrival

They need to remove Apple Pay as an option. It’s ridiculous. Yes you have to wait a full 5 business days though. So that stinks. 

CupCrusher40

on the fence to believe guest  or SWA. I do not get reservation email so its possible there is a click issue. However, I trust SWA  to not charge me ticketless and I get bank report.

Irelandsmommy
New Arrival

I should also add that the charge for the reservation that went through without a “UNKNOWN ERROR” message, went from pending to complete in less than 48 hours.  It’s been 72 hours and the pending transactions are still on hold and pending. (In my case)

keke777
New Arrival

This just happened to me when purchasing a international flight. I called SW customer service and they told me to call Apply pay, I’m very unhappy with the service. 

Where you able to get a resolution? 

Irelandsmommy
New Arrival

No, not at all.  Not a email back from Southwest or anything.  Yesterday, I emailed using the identifier “Problems with Southwest.com or Southwest App” so hopefully it will get to the right person.  Someone at Southwest has to know about this glitch and be able to give us some guidance on it.  I’m curious to know what the resolution was for OP.

SwcanSUCKIT
New Arrival

There was no resolution. When i researched it i found that the error w apple pay has been happening for years and they do not plsn to fix it. SW Did  nothing. 
my bank released it after 2 weeks. They told me since SW isnt fixing it, the authorization can remain for 30 days w most banks. And it is a SW issue NOT an apple pay issue. 
i suspect they have disabled it bec when its linked to a bank acct, people can grt tickets with a bounced charge. 

.Re: Paid reservation but no ticket received!

sammyadam
New Arrival

Contact your bank or credit card company.

In the meantime