Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Paid reservation but no ticket received!

SwcanSUCKIT
Explorer C

Hi

the 1300$ authorization was on my bank acct for 2 weeks until my bank finally released the funds, after much begging from me. 
I had to buy tickets using the Uplift financing SW offers at check out. The entire process was a nightmare. SW gave me a measly 300$ travel credit. Which i likely wont even use. 
my advice would be DO NOT EVER USE APPLE PAY TO BUY TICKETS W SW! The system has been broken for years and they have no plans to fix it. 

dfwskier
Aviator A

Pending charges are not charged to you. They are a temporary hold on your assets - not a charge.

So if you have a 10,000 bank account and a $3456 pending charge, then $3456 is placed on temporary hold to prevent being overdrawn _(that is unless you have overdraft protection).

So in the example above if you were trying to withdraw $8000 from your account, the transaction would be declined because the account does not have $8000 AVAILABLE for withdrawal it only has 10000-3456=6544 available. 

The $3456 temporary hold would be released when the merchant does not follow thru with the actual charge.

January702
Explorer C

I am aware of what pending means. However as others have shared, these Apple Pay purchased with SWA stay in a pending status for longer than the normal 48 hours. Some people have said 6+ weeks before the bank finally reversed it. 

Dalysss26
Explorer C

Hi did you get this resolved? This just happened to me 😭

January702
Explorer C

Hi. I called southwest and the initial rep told me they couldnt help. After asking for a supervisor they put me on hold but also escalated to a different department where they gave me a case #. Next day (6 days/4 business days) I called me bank (BofA) who said they give the merchant 5 business days to drop the pending before they consider it fraud. So technically today was day 5. They said if it wasn’t returned today, to call back. Well I woke up this morning to the funds being returned. I was able to purchase new ticket, not using Apple Pay. 

Ashlynmoore
Explorer C

hello! Same exact issue happened to me last night. I used my Apple Pay to purchase tickets, system error had popped up on my screen. I then called southwest and they said they could not see the tickets on their end. I had the extra funds in my account so I went ahead and purchased another $1200 worth of tickets to ensure I make my flights in 2 weeks. I also bank with (BofA) and I called this morning and she said I would have to dispute the pending charge. But you just said it went back into your account after a few days. So I’m going to wait it out and see what happens with the money. I’m super sad about the situation. But your comment did put my mind at ease knowing the money may return without an even longer process due to a southwest error. 

January702
Explorer C

They need to remove Apple Pay as an option. It’s ridiculous. Yes you have to wait a full 5 business days though. So that stinks. 

CupCrusher40
Frequent Flyer B

on the fence to believe guest  or SWA. I do not get reservation email so its possible there is a click issue. However, I trust SWA  to not charge me ticketless and I get bank report.

Irelandsmommy
Explorer C

I should also add that the charge for the reservation that went through without a “UNKNOWN ERROR” message, went from pending to complete in less than 48 hours.  It’s been 72 hours and the pending transactions are still on hold and pending. (In my case)

keke777
Explorer C

This just happened to me when purchasing a international flight. I called SW customer service and they told me to call Apply pay, I’m very unhappy with the service. 

Where you able to get a resolution?