Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Person no longer traveling with us

Lv2camp
Explorer C

We have a person(not in our family) no longer traveling with us this year that was going with us last year.  I've already booked her ticket with us but need to get it out of her name & put into mine(I paid for the ticket) so I have the funds for future travel.  Do I need to contact Southwest directly to have this changed?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Person no longer traveling with us

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A
Solution

If you bought a Wanna Get Away ticket (non-refundable) this change is not possible.  You can cancel this person's travel, but the credit will go to them and will remain in their name until it expires.  After expiration it is possible to convert it to a LUV voucher which can be used by anyone, but the value of the credit will be reduced by $100.  If this person is booked on a reservation with other people on the same reservation you will need to call Southwest to cancel them individually.  You can also send a private message on Twitter, Facebook, or use the chat function in the Southwest app.

--TheMiddleSeat

Lv2camp
Explorer C

Thank you for the information!!

DancingDavidE
Aviator A
Solution

@Lv2camp wrote:

We have a person(not in our family) no longer traveling with us this year that was going with us last year.  I've already booked her ticket with us but need to get it out of her name & put into mine(I paid for the ticket) so I have the funds for future travel.  Do I need to contact Southwest directly to have this changed?

As @TheMiddleSeat said...

You could ask her to pay you back for it if she will otherwise use the travel fund on her own. Unless there was a medical exception causing her not to travel you can reach out to Customer Relations, these would be case-by-case and I'm not expecting it to be granted except in the most severe circumstances.

Contact Customer Relations 

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.