Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Plane change in Denver

Esta
Explorer C

My 13 year old nephew is flying to Philadelphia from Arizona. We had him on a non stop flight but now was changed to a 1 stop in Denver. He has a 1hr 20min layover. How hard (or easy) will it be for him to change planes. We are all a bit nervous and I don't want him to worry!!

Thanks do much for any help!

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Plane change in Denver

dfwskier
Aviator A
Solution

It should be pretty easy.

All of Southwest's flights operate out of concourse C, so it should be a simple matter of

walking to the correct gate. There are lots of tote boards on the concourse that would tell him which gate he should head for.

Although C is  long concourse, there are moving sidewalks that would speed him large parts of the way.

He should be fine as long as  he reads the signage that tells him where his gate is located.

edit add: since Southwest changed the flight, it would also allow him to change to a different flight at no cost. He might want to check if a non stop at a different time might be available.

Esta
Explorer C

Thanks so much for your help! I did check for other non stops, but sadly, there are none. Are the gates far apart?  Is someone from the airline available when you get off the plane? Sorry for all the questions but grateful for your answers! I'm just praying he doesn't panic. 

dfwskier
Aviator A

The gates could  be as much as 1/4 mile apart if he is unlucky enough to come in at the end of one side of the concourse and depart from the end of the other side. That is unlikely.

He should be able to ask any Southwest gate agent at any of the gates for help in getting to his gate. He should be able to get help simply by asking.

Esta
Explorer C

You are an angel! Thanks so much for your time!

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Making a connection in Denver is super easy.  As @dfwskier mentioned it could be a bit of a walk, but easy to navigate, no trains, shuttles, or other oddities.  I'd suggest he have a few bucks to grab something to eat, there are a number of decent options.

Soon the walk could be even longer since an expansion for Southwest is currently in progress.  I haven't been able to see the construction in person, but I hear it's coming along quite quickly.

--TheMiddleSeat

Esta
Explorer C

I appreciate your help!! I'm just hoping one of the southwest employees will help him and show him how and where he needs to go. First times are always a little scary. Thanks again for your help! 

bec102896
Aviator A

As already mentioned connections in Denver are very easy. If your nephew has a phone he can look at the southwest app for gate information or there are plenty of signs with flight and gate information and there are signs telling you which way to go to get to the appropriate gate. The walk can be long but with an hour 20min layover he will have plenty of time to get to the gate as long as his first flight isnt delayed significantly. If he's lost he can ask a SW agent and they will be happy to direct him to the correct gate. 

-Blake

Esta
Explorer C

Thanks Blake! You've all been so kind. I appreciate you so much!!