Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Promotional Offer for 2023

intelligent1
Explorer C

Hey fellow Southwest Airlinians!

Wouldn’t it be great if we had a great special for this year? Like a $20.23 fare special! That will definitely ravel all the airlines in the industry! Not sure if Southwest has ever done anything like this. Unheard of, right! 

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Promotional Offer for 2023

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Sounds like the promotions Frontier has, but I certainly wouldn't complain if Southwest did it. 

--TheMiddleSeat

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@intelligent1 wrote:

Hey fellow Southwest Airlinians!

Wouldn’t it be great if we had a great special for this year? Like a $20.23 fare special! That will definitely ravel all the airlines in the industry! Not sure if Southwest has ever done anything like this. Unheard of, right! 

They do the $49, $59, $69, etc. fares. 

I haven't ever seen one in the $20's. As near as I can tell from flying last week the demand isn't quite that low to offer $20 fares.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@DancingDavidE Way back in the day when DEN service started I got some $19 Ding fares to LAS. We do still see $29 fares occasionally.

100% full flight last night. Lots of families taking the kids skiing for the 3 day weekend. 

--TheMiddleSeat

bec102896
Aviator A

I miss the DING! fares. 

they did have a $29 sale back in October I booked a bunch of RT in a day flights to get a head start on A List for this year (first one tomorrow)

dfwskier
Aviator A

@bec102896 wrote:

I miss the DING! fares. 

they did have a $29 sale back in October I booked a bunch of RT in a day flights to get a head start on A List for this year (first one tomorrow)

I did the same thing - booked 3 round trips using multi city. I'll have 12 segments in by Feb 15. (edit add: actually only 11 since SW cancelled my last return and put me on a non stop instead).

I remember the good ole days of 4-5 + years ago. Southwest would have 2 REAL sales a year - June and August. Fares good mid August to just before Xmas, and just after the new year til  about mid February. Fares were ALL (not just some) $49, $79, $99, or $109 to everywhere - distance based.

cjohio93
Explorer C

I get the frequent $49/$59/$69 emails, but there is never anything close from my home airport (BOI). I guess that is the price I pay for living in the middle of nowhere.