Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Rebooked and lost Early Bird

MichelleN
Explorer B

***RESOLVED! I checked my SW account and it shows EB now. Maybe it was a glitch or maybe it was me...THANK YOU FOR YOUR REPLIES! ****

ORIGINAL POST: Hmmm...I just rebooked an existing trip for my husband and I using the same dates and times. I rebooked to get a much lower fare than I previously paid. I thought my Early Bird would transfer from the original flight to the new flight but it didn't.  I originally paid an extra $80 for Early Bird ($20 each for the two of us on the out flight and the return flight). Is there a way to get the Early Bird reapplied to the new reservation without paying for it again? I thought it transferred from one flight to the next? Thanks for your help!

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Rebooked and lost Early Bird

dfwskier
Aviator A
Solution

@MichelleN wrote:

Hmmm...I just rebooked an existing trip for my husband and I using the same dates and times. I rebooked to get a much lower fare than I previously paid. I thought my Early Bird would transfer from the original flight to the new flight but it didn't.  I originally paid an extra $80 for Early Bird ($20 each for the two of us on the out flight and the return flight). Is there a way to get the Early Bird reapplied to the new reservation without paying for it again? I thought it transferred from one flight to the next? Thanks for your help!

Did you cancel and rebook or change and rebook? If you do the former, you lose EBCI. If you do the latter, you keep EBCI

If you just changed the flight, you should still have EBCI

MichelleN
Explorer B

Thanks for your reply.  I logged into my SW account, opened the reservation and chose "change". I then followed along and chose the same departing and returning dates and times. My confirmation number remained the same as the original. Also, the confirmation email I received from SW was titled "Michelle XXX's 05/21 Chicago (Midway) trip (XXXXXX): Your change is confirmed." As you can see, the flight is 2 months away so I have plenty of time. I certainly don't want to try to call now. Something definitely seems wrong though and I'd like to fix it if possible and not let it linger. Any suggestions? Thanks again.

MichelleN
Explorer B
Solution

Changed and rebooked. The flight confirmation number is the same as the original. Definitely not a new reservation. Thanks for your reply.

MichelleN
Explorer B
Solution

Uh Oh....tail between legs....I checked again and my EB shows up now. Thankw for your reply and thank you SW!

bec102896
Aviator A

Did you change to a flight within 36 hours of that new flights departure? If so EB disappears. 

-Blake

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A
Solution

@bec102896 wrote:

Did you change to a flight within 36 hours of that new flights departure? If so EB disappears. 

-Blake

And if your flight is within 36 hours you certainly won't need EarlyBird to get a good boarding position. 

--TheMiddleSeat

MichelleN
Explorer B

The flights are in late May. Hoping we'll be able to take the trip and checked for lower fares. When I found them, I went through the Change process. Saved $290 but lost the EB and the $80 I paid for it. My reservation number is the same now as it originally was. Thoughts? Thanks for your reply.