Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Rebooking Same Flight Several Times for Price Drops

BethR
Explorer C

Hi, please move this to the correct forum if this question doesn’t belong here. 
I tried searching for the answer but couldn’t find one. 
So, if I rebook a Wanna Get Away fare 3 times because of price drops, am I issued 3 separate travel funds? Or, since it’s the same reservation, are they combined into one travel fund? 
Hope that this makes sense. 

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Rebooking Same Flight Several Times for Price Drops

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Funds are tied to the confirmation number so they will be listed separately in your account since they were generated at different times, but they will all have the same confirmation number.

--TheMiddleSeat

jksobonya
Aviator A

I've kind of wondered about this too since I've had to deal with it a few times - if you rebook your flight and get travel credit, say you do this three times, when you go to use the 3 credits does it  count as "3" forms of payment despite it all being under the same reservation? You'd think it would all roll up into 1 since it's the same reservation number, but it doesn't appear to do that.

--Jessica

gsking
Aviator C

I'm pretty sure they are treated as individual payments.  Confusingly,  they are tracked by the same 5 digit record locator,  plus a 4 digit suffix.  

I've put in the 5 digit code and had TWO travel funds be applied for this reason. 

I'm not positive it then limits you to only one more type of payment,  though.   

You can always create a new fight and cancel it to combine two or three TF into one. 

dfwskier
Aviator A

@gsking wrote:

I'm pretty sure they are treated as individual payments.  Confusingly,  they are tracked by the same 5 digit record locator,  plus a 4 digit suffix.  

Base on what I've heard from others in the community, I believe hat you are correct.

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@dfwskier wrote:

@gsking wrote:

Base on what I've heard from others in the community, I believe hat you are correct.

This is also how TTFs are handled when there are multiple passengers on a single booking.

BethR
Explorer C

Thanks All! Exactly the info that I wanted to know. Some of us are willing to play these little “games” that we must play to get the best value for our money. Others are not. I don’t think that our friends who we’re traveling with are willing to jump through the same hoops as we are. 
I’m the fare tracker in this group. I think that I’ll just pass on telling them that there’s been ANOTHER price drop. 🙃