Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Recevived cancelation notification for my flight on thurs

Solyluna126
Explorer C

Got a text message that my flight was canceled for this Thurs 12/29/2022 @5:25pm from Tampa to Baltimore. 

Yet when we go online nothing shows canceled. When search for other flights nothing shows. 

We need to make it up north before the new years. Please help

We been on hold for 2 hours now. 

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Recevived cancelation notification for my flight on thurs

SWAnotherWokeCo
Adventurer C

I don't think you can check flight status for 12/29 yet online? Best bet is to make the drive.

Solyluna126
Explorer C

I would if I could get a refund 😕 😪 😫 

SWAnotherWokeCo
Adventurer C

If the flight his cancelled, you should be able to get a refund. We just received an email from SW stating that our cancelled flights will be refunded. They may be starting to respond to the emails. We still need to find our luggage though.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

No cancelations for TPA-BWI on the 29th so far. I would continue to monitor. If you absolutely MUST make the trip I would find a backup plan on another airline that you can cancel if needed.

--TheMiddleSeat

iamalizard
Explorer C

I'm in the same situation where I've gotten two texts today saying my flight on the 29th is canceled, but have been struggling to find matching information anywhere online until a few minutes ago. It looks like the website interface here, https://www.southwest.com/air/flight-status/index.html, where Southwest has been directing people to check their flight status, only lets you select dates between yesterday and tomorrow. However I just noticed that if you go directly to https://www.southwest.com/air/flight-status/path.html?departureDate=2022-12-29&flightNumber=3339  , it seems to actually give you up-to-date info that matches what these flight cancellation texts are saying.  You have to manually change the departureDate and flightNumber query parameters in the url to get it to work for your specific flight number and departure date. eg. I used the flight number and date for Solyluna126's Tampa to Baltimore flight on the 29th in the example link I included above and can see that both legs of that flight have been canceled. I can't really vouch for the accuracy of this approach, but it's the only thing I've found online that at least appears to match both the currently available flight status data from flightaware.com (so up to tomorrow) as well as recently received flight cancellation texts. Hopefully that helps provide some degree of confidence that your flights are actually cancelled. 

LawsuitforSW
Adventurer C

I strongly recommend rebooking with another airline if you still can.