Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Recommend Southwest evaluate their 3rd party Rental agreements.

jwmillerX
Explorer C

Recommend Southwest evaluate their 3rd party Rental agreements.

We just went on a trip to MD - BWI. We had made a reservation to rent a car from Payless. When we got there, there was a vacant booth and a sign that said no cars available. No number to call nothing. 

Might be in your(Southewest) best interest to evaluate your agreements. 

John

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Recommend Southwest evaluate their 3rd party Rental agreements.

bec102896
Aviator A

Sorry to hear of your experience with payless I would file a complaint with payless in regards to no cars being available and no one at the counter since that staffing is done by payless not Southwest. 

If you would like to share your feedback with Southwest in regards to this being your experience you can Contact Customer Relations that way they can document the complaint and send the feedback to to the partner as well as review internally. 

-Blake

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

Not just SWA, but the other airlines as well.  Seems to just be the process at this time.

dfwskier
Aviator A

Pretty much every airline provides access to every "reputable" car rental company as a service to customers. And rent card companies mess up like every other company.

I can remember flying to Munich years ago. I had a reservation from Avis for a car with an automatic trasnmission. Got the key. Went down to my almost new Mercedes. Started it up. It lurched forward and died. Looked at my feet and saw the extra pedal. Went back to the counter and was told "we have no more automatics." Problem was that my only experience  driving a stick was in a friends pickup in 2nd gear across a farmers field. 

I needed a car. I had no option except the manual transmission so I took it. I harkened back to my drives ed days and remembered "depress clutch, shift."  I said " I can do this." It was not at all elegant, but I managed to self teach using the manual transmission ON THE AUTOBAHN DURING RUSH HOUR. Kept the car for two weeks, and by the end of the rental, I was a manual transmission expert.

The poor clutch probably had 10x the wear that would have been expected by the odometer reading. It's a funny story now. At the time though it was anything but funny. It was one of the top 5 stressful experiences of my life.

As I said, every company occasionally messes up.