Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Refund/Credit

KPatt
Explorer C

I recently changed my reservation because the fares were cheaper. It showed me a credit amount once the changes were made. Will this go back to card used for payment?

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Refund/Credit

SWDigits
Aviator A
Solution

No, you'll be able to apply it to future flights so long as travel is complete within one year of the original purchase date.

Customer | Home airport DCA

KPatt
Explorer C

@SWDigits wrote:

No, you'll be able to apply it to future flights so long as travel is complete within one year of the original purchase date.

Ok, thank you for your help 

bec102896
Aviator A
Solution

You will need the confirmation number from this reservation to use the credit. If you have a Rapid Rewards account you can log in to your account and it will show you the confirmation number and how much credit you have

KPatt
Explorer C

Ok, thank you for your help

paperchief12
Explorer C

what about the people who you offer travel credit who may be laid off and need a refund? Thats what im experiencing. Travel credit doesn't help me pay for groceries, or for my mortgage because the business I am in is not paying me.

bec102896
Aviator A

@paperchief12 wrote:

what about the people who you offer travel credit who may be laid off and need a refund? Thats what im experiencing. Travel credit doesn't help me pay for groceries, or for my mortgage because the business I am in is not paying me.

I would reach out to Southwest by email or on Twitter and just explain your situation nicely and maybe they will be able to assist you. If you can't get help by emailing or on Twitter you might send a letter when this settles down I know it won't help immediately but maybe in the long run it will help. 

-Blake 

Lmkel68
Adventurer C

You will get travel funds