Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Refund for second ticket

Linda52
Explorer C

I had filed a dispute with Southwest regarding two $599.97 tickets totaling $1,199.94.  After filing the dispute, I received a letter from Southwest informing me that they would be refunding the total amount.  I later received a credit for $599.97 for one ticket from SW.  The second ticket refund never posted so I kept the dispute going.  On May 5th, after talking to one of many customer service reps.  The rep told me that the dispute might be holding up the refund of my second ticket.  I then went online and withdrew the dispute.  I waited and waited and still no refund.  I called SW many times and was finally informed that because the dispute was closed in their favor, I would not receive the remainder of the refund.  I was also told that I needed proof from my bank that I withdrew the dispute.  I talked with the bank and was told that I was sent an email confirming my request on May 5th.  I now have the proof that I requested that the dispute be withdrawn but am unable to speak to anyone at SW that can resolve this issue.  Southwest still owes me $599.97 plus Early Bird fees.  It is impossible to speak to anyone at SW that can resolve this issue. The basic issue is that Southwest believes the dispute was resolved in their favor, which it wasn't.  I simply withdrew the dispute so that Southwest could refund the money for the second ticket and Early Bird fees.  What is really frustrating is that Southwest knows they are holding our money that they had agreed to refund.  (I do have the email from my bank confirming that I requested the withdrawal of the dispute but am not able to reach anyone at Southwest capable of taking care of this issue.)

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Refund for second ticket

bec102896
Aviator A

I would reach out to customer relations at 855-234-4654 and hopefully they can look in to your case and see what can be done. You could also try to reach out to Southwest on Facebook or Twitter in a DM and they might be able to assist as well. 

-Blake 

Linda52
Explorer C

Thank you for your suggestion.  I have spoken with at least 5 different SW customer representatives, supposedly at the corporate office.  The last one gave me another SW phone number to call but it just goes to voice mail and no one returns my call.

I do appreciate your suggestion, though.  Thank you.

ipsedixit
Frequent Flyer C

Dispute it with your credit card company.

Have your CC refund the money to your account, and let SWA fight it out with the CC company.

Linda52
Explorer C

Thank you for your suggestion but the issue is the dispute that I placed with my credit card company and eventually withdrew.  In hindsight, I should not have withdrawn the dispute until the entire amount that was owed to me was taken care of by Southwest.  I did contact my bank about this and was told that all they could do was send me an email confirmation that I was the one that withdrew the dispute.  Southwest is now using the dispute withdrawal as a reason that they "won the dispute"...they did not "win"...I simply withdrew the dispute in hopes that would facilitate them paying me for the remaining ticket and Early Bird fees.

NicoleAshley
Employee
Employee
Solution

@Linda52 wrote:

Thank you for your suggestion.  I have spoken with at least 5 different SW customer representatives, supposedly at the corporate office.  The last one gave me another SW phone number to call but it just goes to voice mail and no one returns my call.

I do appreciate your suggestion, though.  Thank you.

Sorry for all the frustration, @Linda52. It's possible you contacted Customer Relations by phone after hours or on the weekend. Any of the below will connect you to the Customer Relations Department who can look into it. 

Contact 

Customer Relations

Phone: 1-855-234-4654

Twitter: @SouthwestAir

Facebook: @SouthwestAir

Email here.

Tip: Social media assistance is often quickest and is available 24/7/365.

Thank you!

Nicole
Community Manager

Linda52
Explorer C

Thank you for your help.  I just now posted on SW Facebook page.  I am new to this site and am not sure why it is noted that my issue has been solved.  The issue is not solved. 

Hopefully, it will be soon!

NicoleAshley
Employee
Employee

@Linda52 wrote:

Thank you for your help.  I just now posted on SW Facebook page.  I am new to this site and am not sure why it is noted that my issue has been solved.  The issue is not solved. 

Hopefully, it will be soon!

Hi @Linda52. Apologies for any confusion! This discussion forum is a Customer to Customer support forum and not an avenue for Southwest Customer Service. The best solution here for your specific situation is to contact Customer Relations since that Department  alone has access to the internal systems that secure reservations, Rapid Reward Points, and travel funds. 

Conversely, this Community discussion forum is a great place for Customers to share their thoughts, experiences, and to discuss policies. 

Nicole
Community Manager