Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Refunds, why are they taking way longer than promised. Is Southwest going to declare bankruptcy?

Explorer C

We were promised a refund in 4 to 6 weeks after our vacation package was cancelled by Southwest. Now I am told it is taking at least 3 months. We have been waiting over two months so far and will not book with Southwest until I receive the promised credit on credit card. We also have received a bunch of travel credits, some expire as early as the end of this year. We are considered high risk for virus and have been told by CDC and others we should not fly anytime soon.

Is Southwerst going to declare bankruptcy so they can stick customers with no refunds and useless travel credits.

1 REPLY 1

Re: Refunds, why are they taking way longer than promised. Is Southwest going to declare bankruptcy

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

It sounds like you booked a vacation package through Southwest Vacations, a completely different company than Southwest Airlines. Your experience with Southwest Vacations refunding you is not a reflection of anything related to Southwest Airlines. I have seen numerous people in the past state that Southwest Vacations does take awhile to complete refunds so keep nagging them. Good luck.

--TheMiddleSeat